18" zbt china
12" wuhan china
18" aaxplosion crash

roc-n-soc nitro throne
iron cobra powerglide pedals
tama, gibraltar, pacific hardware
coated g2s/clear g1s, emad, hd dry/hazy 300
cyclops tambourine, low pitched jam block

roland td-6 electronic set, pdp pedals (because i only have 1 set of cobras)

phoenix7289

You sure it's not an 18"x22" bass drum? Because I have the EXACT same setup!!! Except for the cymbals. So yah.... here's a pic of my current shit lately....

phoenix7289

Oh and by the way, my specs, would be...

14" Sabian Vault Hi Hats
16" Sabian Vault Crash
14" Sabian AAX Studio Crash
6.5" Latin Percussion Ice Bell
12" Wuhan China
18" Zildjian Planet Z Crash Ride
20" Sabian B8 Ride
18" Wuhan China
Being shipped: 15" Sabian AAXtreme Chinese

Tama Swingstar Vintage or Metallic Blue color:
9"x12" tom tom + Aquarian Response 2 Heads
10"x13" tom tom + Aquarian Response 2 Heads
16"x16" floor tom + Aquarian Response 2 Heads
18"x22" bass drum

Tama Artwood Limited Edition 6.5"x13" Snare with Starclassic Snappy snares I believe.

Mainly Tama Hardware.
Tama Iron Cobra HH-905 Lever Glide Hi Hat Stand
Tama Iron Cobra Jr. HP-200 Kick Pedal

devilspain

bass drum looks dead short in depth so im assuming it is only 16". plus why wouldnt he know his own specs phoenix?! :p

Howepirate

phoenix7289":2wyffjv8 said:
You sure it's not an 18"x22" bass drum? Because I have the EXACT same setup!!! Except for the cymbals. So yah.... here's a pic of my current shit lately....

Your angles look extremely difficult to get around on.

How do you even play that set comfortably?

You should try closing everything in together so everything can be quicker and tighter and feel a lot better and more fluid

michiganice91

Howepirate":2fxvgw2l said:
phoenix7289":2fxvgw2l said:

Your angles look extremely difficult to get around on.

How do you even play that set comfortably?

You should try closing everything in together so everything can be quicker and tighter and feel a lot better and more fluid
i agree..it looks like when u sit..ur not even facing foreward..your supposed to be sitting in front of your snare..not off to the side of it, if u play that thing the way i think u do..you could tear some major ligaments reaching your china and ride lol!..also your toms are too far apart..theyre supposed to be close together so you can roll quickly from each tom to the next for fills. And by the way..couldnt someone run into your back yard in the middle of the night and steal your whole kit?

SuNoAnBuKi

No doubt dude, I really dig what you got. Cymbal set up is good. I play the AAXplosion crashes as well, in 18" and 19" sizes and I'm probably gonna get a 20" real soon. How does the 14" sound? I was thinking of putting one off to my left above my hi-hats and below my other china. I dig the whole hybrid kit thing too, I almost got that exact V-drum kit a year ago instead of my DDRUMs. Also, how does a Radia cup chime compare to a Zil Bel, or Ice Bell? It seems like it'd be alittle more splash like, but I dont know the weight.

phoenix7289

Everyone, shut up. Ok, so maybe YOU ALL wouldn't find it comfortable, maybe I find it very comfortable! I have long ass arms and I am tall as hell. Everything works perfectly. Also, normally my drumset is in the basement. ALSO, everything, I can reach fine. When shit is too close I feel weird and push shit away. It's all that matters, if this was your set, it would matter if it's comfortable to YOU. But, it's MY set!

Howepirate

phoenix7289":3k6qsmg4 said:
Everyone, shut up. Ok, so maybe YOU ALL wouldn't find it comfortable, maybe I find it very comfortable! I have long ass arms and I am tall as hell. Everything works perfectly. Also, normally my drumset is in the basement. ALSO, everything, I can reach fine. When shit is too close I feel weird and push shit away. It's all that matters, if this was your set, it would matter if it's comfortable to YOU. But, it's MY set!
Well you know if you got everything a lot closer and moved ur throne back a bit and up more it'll keep your back straighter wit less hurts and everything will come a lot easier including pedal speed.

Do you ever ride on your crashes dude? Cuz at that angle the rebound would chew your sticks a live

phoenix7289

Howepirate":1q0psw3x said:
phoenix7289":1q0psw3x said:
Well you know if you got everything a lot closer and moved ur throne back a bit and up more it'll keep your back straighter wit less hurts and everything will come a lot easier including pedal speed.

Do you ever ride on your crashes dude? Cuz at that angle the rebound would chew your sticks a live
I would have to say that my throne is very low quality and it won't stay high up at all, so, I have to keep it at that low spot. But still, IIIIIII am comfortable on this set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anavrinIV

phoenix - im sure of the sizes. you must have gotten yours after me because about a year after i got my set (i got mine in october 03) they came out with the shorter toms and deeper bass...i wish i had gotten those dimensions but ive learned to live with what i have. you should get a better throne before anything else because if youre as tall as you say you are youre killing your legs and foot speed sitting that low. im 6'3 and my roc-n-soc is great for me. once youre up higher you can move stuff closer and it really is much more comfortable and a lot faster, mainly around the toms.

sunoanbuki - thanks for the compliments. the 14" aaxplosion sounds great to my ears, its bright and it has the perfect sustain for its size. even though its small it can still be heard easily and it love to use it when i want a more subtle crash than either of my 18" ones, which sound pretty similar although the sig is quieter. the bell is great, the best ive heard for a solitary bell in fact. ive played zil-bels and never liked the sound because theyre just too high and really do ring forever, but this bell isnt like that. this bell has a defined ping that is loud but not too loud like the zil-bel, and its much darker and blends perfectly with my rides bell and the unlathed aaxplosion bells. this bell is also dynamic because, unlike the zil-bel, you can hit it hard with the shaft on the bell in 2 or 3 different spots or on the lip and get different volume hits with different sustains, or with the tip to play a musical progression using the other 4 bells on my ride and crashes, along with the splash and small china. it doesnt ring as long as other bells either.

anavrinIV

Alcyon":2dbfwmwg said:
Do I spy a Joey Castillo QOTSA LP pack? And a black/white pbass? :p
correct...and, correct. i dont like joey castillo though, and the bass isnt mine...none the less, your powers of observation have served you well.

phoenix7289

anavrinIV":39hfjzv6 said:
phoenix - im sure of the sizes. you must have gotten yours after me because about a year after i got my set (i got mine in october 03) they came out with the shorter toms and deeper bass...i wish i had gotten those dimensions but ive learned to live with what i have. you should get a better throne before anything else because if youre as tall as you say you are youre killing your legs and foot speed sitting that low. im 6'3 and my roc-n-soc is great for me. once youre up higher you can move stuff closer and it really is much more comfortable and a lot faster, mainly around the toms.

sunoanbuki - thanks for the compliments. the 14" aaxplosion sounds great to my ears, its bright and it has the perfect sustain for its size. even though its small it can still be heard easily and it love to use it when i want a more subtle crash than either of my 18" ones, which sound pretty similar although the sig is quieter. the bell is great, the best ive heard for a solitary bell in fact. ive played zil-bels and never liked the sound because theyre just too high and really do ring forever, but this bell isnt like that. this bell has a defined ping that is loud but not too loud like the zil-bel, and its much darker and blends perfectly with my rides bell and the unlathed aaxplosion bells. this bell is also dynamic because, unlike the zil-bel, you can hit it hard with the shaft on the bell in 2 or 3 different spots or on the lip and get different volume hits with different sustains, or with the tip to play a musical progression using the other 4 bells on my ride and crashes, along with the splash and small china. it doesnt ring as long as other bells either.
I got mine in late June 03. :p But I am thinking of getting an Ergo-Rider throne or w.e it's called that's all awesome with a back maybe.

phoenix7289

drummer912":3kxq752a said:
nice kits, both of u.
Thanks man!!! I just got a couple new things this evening! An Aquarian Hi-Energy 13" Head and WOW, the sound is SOOOOO much better!!!! :D

I also got an 18" AAXplosion Crash! :D The bell is AMAZING!!!

anavrinIV

phoenix7289":37gro8hw said:
drummer912":37gro8hw said:
nice kits, both of u.
Thanks man!!! I just got a couple new things this evening! An Aquarian Hi-Energy 13" Head and WOW, the sound is SOOOOO much better!!!! :D

thanks for taking over my thread.....

phoenix7289

anavrinIV":3vxyr9u4 said:
phoenix7289":3vxyr9u4 said:
drummer912":3vxyr9u4 said:
nice kits, both of u.

thanks for taking over my thread.....
Sorry bro.... you still have a way cooler set!!!