am i the unluckiest drummer!!!

Gazdkw82§

iv had a nightmare year or so with drums..

it starts like this..

i placed a deposit for a tama starclassic in piano black with a certain uk store. after 7 months of waiting and a number of excuses from the shop (who blame tama) i still had no drum kit. I visited the shop who suggested i just purchase another kit. I looked around and nothin really caught my eye....

the shop kept talking about dw this and dw that, he even said it would piss tama off knowing that i purchased a dw because they was messing the delivery up, so anyway i was convinced that dw was the way to go and i purchased a dw collectors, 12", 16" fl, 18" fl and 22" kick. From day 1 i was not convinced even after numourous skin combinations and tunings, so i went and ordered a 10" from another certain uk drum store. first of all the 10" was delayed then when i got it, it was the wrong colour!!! so i sent it back to the store who sent it back to dw and im still waiting for the tom 4 months later!!! the shop just keep saying this and that about delivery problems bla bla. i just wanna wash my hands with this kit and all the problems that have happened since i first ordered a TAMA!!

however i now face a lengthy and painstaking task of trying to sell this kit

in the meantime im left with a soar taste in my mouth....

Eiren

I think the drummer from Def Leppard slightly beats you on this one :wink:

It sounds like a pretty awful shop to be honest. You would expect them to want to achieve maximum customer satisfaction. So I would get your money back for the tom and order it elsewhere.

Gazdkw82§

Eiren":3or46aj3 said:

It sounds like a pretty awful shop to be honest. You would expect them to want to achieve maximum customer satisfaction. So I would get your money back for the tom and order it elsewhere.
its 2 different places, the first shop was the one i ordered the tama with and got the dw and the second shop i ordered the 10" tom through.

your right i think the def leppards drummer is a tad bit more unlucky :)

Eiren

Gazdkw82§":b04gqqyc said:
Eiren":b04gqqyc said:

its 2 different places, the first shop was the one i ordered the tama with and got the dw and the second shop i ordered the 10" tom through.

your right i think the def leppards drummer is a tad bit more unlucky :)
Ahh I see. Could you name and shame the two shops. It sounds like horrific service from both of them.

Eiren":1o905qfl said:

the shop i order my drum stuff from doesnt ask for money until what i ordered arrives in the shop so really you shouldnt have had to pay for that tom if you sent it back...........

CASCINAIDRUMS

I got the first Tama Superstar and I think they sound and look great,

On my Electronics I have DW pedals and they're awesome.
The Tama Starclassic's are really nice

tepiddrummer

If you guys are ever in Memphis, come by the Memphis Drum Shop. Chances are whatever you need is already there. I wouldn't buy from Guitar Center to save my life. Half of those guys at GuiTarget don't know jack about drums anyway, and they're drummers. Good luck with all your local drum shops!

~Jason M. Vawter, drummer/MacGyver percussionist

The Memphis Drum Shop
878 S. Cooper
Memphis, TN 38104

(901) 276-2328

http://www.memphisdrumshop.com

dude that sucks hard concerning your tama kit. DW's are way to pricy for me. Not that I have no money its just why buy a 5000 dollar kit (DW) when you can get the same quality from a 2000 dollar kit (Tama or Pearl). I guess it is personal preference so no harm no foul....hahaha 8)

286drummer

I wonder what drum shop it was, I used to work a one of the big ones (thank god no more) and I saw these problems before.
The thing is you are ordering a custom kit from dw, they don't have toms just laying around in every color, they still make the kits to order. I had to 6 six months to get my dw and it was worth every second.
ps - if you bitch alot about your order (seems like if they messed it up twice it wasn't the drum company) you could get some free stuff out of the deal, sticks, heads, etc....

Gazdkw82§

The first shop i first put the deposit down with was, birmingham drum centre. The thing that anoyed me the most with this shop (apart from the endless delivery excuses) was there awfull attitude, it was like they didnt really care and i always had to run after them to find out what was going on, i would never go to them again.

The second shop is london drum centre. These guys actually have decent customer service but the excuses have started and again im having to chase them up all the time.

its quite deflating, iv spent alot of money and im not happy

PaulZILLA

you coulda got a DDRUM dominion ash or maple pocket kit and been even better off with the exact same sizes as the DW. i LOVE DW but they are overpriced. ive been falling for DDRUM because its basicaly DW but cheaper. and ALOT better customer service. when you ditch the DW kit(btw my buddy here has the same kit in satin maple) i recomend looking into DDRUM www.drum.com www.forum.ddrum.com they can show ya the UK stores

syntaxerror

Wembley drum centre let you down? Wow I always thought that place was great and the same with the service, but saying that I havnt actually ordered anything from them.

grey_fox

Well at least you can play your kit, i can't thanks to a bitch of a stepmom and the council who gave a letter concerning the noise of the drums

i am suffering withdrawell symptoms :(

syntaxerror

grey_fox":2cgt192a said:
Well at least you can play your kit, i can't thanks to a bitch of a stepmom and the council who gave a letter concerning the noise of the drums

You should write a letter back to the council saying that your concerened that if you unable to play drums you will turn to crime, take drugs or become a teen father!! I doubt they will want that.

Gazdkw82§

syntaxerror":v8pco88q said:
grey_fox":v8pco88q said:

You should write a letter back to the council saying that your concerened that if you unable to play drums you will turn to crime, take drugs or become a teen father!! I doubt they will want that.
ha ha i like that.... or you could just buy some silencer pads....but dont go to birmingham drum ;)

Spydr2000

Sorry you hated your DW drums, I hated mine also they really suck for the price. Here's what you have to do.. When ordering your drums only hand the store half the money and let them know they'll get the other half when they come in. Also let them know you are going to call Tama and see that the order is placed and get a time frame on arrival. I've order many kits and although they were special order I was getting calls a week to 2 weeks later that my drums were here. Also upon waiting after getting estimated time frame if you do not have them in that time "call" Tama again (don't email or write them talk to a person a the factory) . Be a pain in the ass you'll get your drums maybe even some free stuff.