Alright so this is gonna sound ..

SuNoAnBuKi

Dumb, I know. But Is a Paiste Full Crash their way of saying medium weight? In all my years I've never ever played a Paiste crash cymbal or even had one in front of me.

ShadowDrummer

Eh...it happens to be about a medium weight...
I tihnk the name aims more at describing the attack/resonant characteristics.

rufus4dagruv

If it helps, you can go to Paiste's website and they have some much more detailed info. If you look under Signature crashes, for instance, then click on the Full crash, there will be a description on the left side of the screen. First it will list the sizes available currently, and their relative weight. They do this for all of their cymbals.

SuNoAnBuKi

rufus4dagruv":2to5wavq said:
If it helps, you can go to Paiste's website and they have some much more detailed info. If you look under Signature crashes, for instance, then click on the Full crash, there will be a description on the left side of the screen. First it will list the sizes available currently, and their relative weight. They do this for all of their cymbals.
Ugh, I cant believe I didn't think of that. Thanks for the help guys.

MrPowerRide

sigs have full crash ( just their regular crashes in my mind) and powers. now they added the heavy fulls, which i believe are their medium crashes in the signature line.

ThePloughman

Full Crash, Fast Crash, Crystal Crash, Mellow Crash, Power Crash..... not necessarily in any certain order. Lovely cymbals too.

PaisteTim

The name tells you what it is:
Fast Crash - Fast attack and decay
Full Crash - Full sound, medium weigh and longer decay
Power Crash - uuhhh powerful
Mellow - I'm sure you see the trend.

We thought that giving the cymbals a descriptive name rather than an arbitrary weight measurement would be more interesting to drummers. Not that there is anything wrong with "medium" "heavy", etc...we do that too!
Tim

metldrummer2112

PaisteTim":29eokh4h said:
The name tells you what it is:
Fast Crash - Fast attack and decay
Full Crash - Full sound, medium weigh and longer decay
Power Crash - uuhhh powerful
Mellow - I'm sure you see the trend.

We thought that giving the cymbals a descriptive name rather than an arbitrary weight measurement would be more interesting to drummers. Not that there is anything wrong with "medium" "heavy", etc...we do that too!
Tim
I'm going to ask this for everyone's benefit; I'm assuming you are a Paiste Representative or work for them in some manner. Am I correct?

ShadowDrummer

MrPowerRide":3dkxin08 said:
yeah, i brought him to this forum and pearls , i dont want to be the only paiste enthusiast here :) j/k
LOL.
You're not the only enthusiast...just one of the few that has completely cycled through alot of cymbals so far. LOL jk

MrPowerRide

ShadowDrummer":13m4w6x0 said:
MrPowerRide":13m4w6x0 said:
yeah, i brought him to this forum and pearls , i dont want to be the only paiste enthusiast here :) j/k
LOL.
You're not the only enthusiast...just one of the few that has completely cycled through alot of cymbals so far. LOL jk
no doubt dude, before i joined forums 2 years ago, i had the same set of paiste's for about 20 years lol. now i've had countless number of paiste sets (my guess is 8-9) four zildjians and three sabians and one TRX. but i'm back with paiste for good, unless they go under then i go Meinl :)

ShadowDrummer

MrPowerRide":6j7uoigp said:
ShadowDrummer":6j7uoigp said:
MrPowerRide":6j7uoigp said:
LOL.
no doubt dude, before i joined forums 2 years ago, i had the same set of paiste's for about 20 years lol. now i've had countless number of paiste sets (my guess is 8-9) four zildjians and three sabians and one TRX. but i'm back with paiste for good, unless they go under then i go Meinl :)
I hope my cymbals last me 20+years... :mrgreen:
Wish I could say the same for my drumheads lol