All Pearl

caulkie

I was once a Pearl hater, thought they all sounded like you'd hit a paper bag stretched over a dustbin.

After hearing "Back Street Symphony" by Thunder, I was blown away. The Drummer, Gary James, the drums.....PEARL!!!

I was a convert and wanted my drums to sound like his, I got that sound after a while with Evans heads.

8)

loop

I use Pearl snare and I'm pleased with it(MMX14x6.5 8) ). I think Pearl drums provide great sound and their hardware is one of the best available.

Rob the Drummer

Pearl drums were my first love. I still want a master's kit. Someday....
Wouldn't it be awesome to know that you own a DW and a Pearl Master's? I could do different drums for different gigs! Someday....

anavrinIV

i love the pearl reference series. when i get my pro setup im seriously considering a purple craze reference.

loop

anavrinIV":1i6m4do0 said:
i love the pearl reference series. when i get my pro setup im seriously considering a purple craze reference.

Reference kit is probably on the first place of my 'want to try it out' list

millsybaby

I've got 2 Pearl kits, 3 pearl Snares and an array of hardware. I love pearl stuff and really dont get why they get such a slamming off some people - its hardwaring, does the job and does it well - what more could you want other than it all to be free? haha!

My kits -

Pearl BRX

Pearl EXR

Snares are(sorry, no individual pics)
Ian Paice Signature Snare
Tico Torres Signature Snare
10"x5" Poplar Firecracker

drumDawG

:mrgreen: I love the green man! Sweet! Also like the cymbal setup on the green BRX's :!: Pearl's quality and attention to detail are truly second to none in the industry! It shows through in both the Pearl kits I own: a '05 Pearl Masters BRX 6pc. (10, 12, 13, 16, 18x22, 14sn.) in platinum mist and a '06 Pearl FX 6pc.(same config)
in black carbon wrap. I have gigged, recorded, rehearsed, set-up, tore-down this Forum kit heavily in the last 6 months since getting it and I have to give Pearl a H U G E shout out for making the best quality, best sounding, best looking, best performing drumset in it's class. Many of us that own our high buck big zoot bling-bling drumrigs overlook the potential of the FX's! About all I did to these drums so far, is replace the sucky stock heads with Evans G1's on the resonant sides and G2's on the batters. I slapped an EMAD on the kick and a reverse dot st snare and busted out the drumdial. Ooooh baby, these drums sound GREAT!
LET"S GET A SHOUT FROM EVERYONE OUT THERE WHO KNOWS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! :wink:

drumDawG

I know Millsy knows for sure! I get so f#*king worked up over my Pearls. I've been told I should be a rep! haha. I just know what works for me and I'm the kinda person who'll shout it from the rooftop :!:

Pearl are nice Drums and I do own a 1982 7pc Pearl Professional MLX Piano Black...like Jeff Pocaro kit....very warm & solid sounding drums.

It's exceptionally beautiful...the entire kit (all it's shells) are Varnished PIANO BLACK not only Externally of the shell, but Internally too......take away all the Rims and all you see is Black, black & black (the entire kit) except for the Lugs....

Alcyon

I was lucky enough to start off with a Pearl EX kit, black on black, and Ziljian ZXT cymbals, so I'm really really happy to have it. I love em. They're great. Yay!

downshifter99

Amber fade w/Black hardware;22x18,10x10,12x12,14x14 &14x4.5
Sabian;21" rock ride w/HH bell,14" AA sizzle hats,10" cymbal disk,17" AAX studio crash,17" AA rock crash,18" AA rock crash,18" AAX metal crash & 20" Zildjian medium crash
Pearl hardware;DR-80 rack,800 series High-hat & snare stands,2002C Powershifter Eliminator pedal
Vic Firth;Rock-N sticks
[/img]

Shaggy

I own a Pearl Session Custom set. It's freaking awesome!!! The drums sound so nice. It's the first Pearl set I've ever bought, and it's convinced me to stick with this brand. Hopefully my next kit will be a Pearl Reference set, but that's not for another 10 years or so. Also, the pearl hardware is pretty damn solid! 8)

downshifter99

I'm solid on the 800 series hardware!

Warm drums,great hardware,pedals rock....what more do you need?!

Down with DW and up with pearl!