All new members should read this...

Do you agree?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dwtoast72

When you read any given topic, or any given posted reply to a topic...prepare yourself to feel uncomfortable with what is being said....for it is simply the opinion of another drummer who has taken the time out their busy day to post reply and attempt to advise another drummer who has done the exact.....same.....thing.
You most definately and more than likely will come across a topic idea of your own...or maybe you just want/need some advice....and you'll post that in the appropriate forum. In doing so you asking people to post replieswhich will contain the thoughts, opinions, and experience of other drummers from around the planet... Chances are, you'll get good, bad, and just plain unthought posts... But, at no time is it appropriate to personally attack a single member of this forum... It's absolutely discraceful!! Especially when I sit back, read a long list of posts on a given topic and there are "beginner" drummers in this forum talking sh@t to other drummers in more advanced tiers because they simply do not agree with the opinion posted by that member!!
Have fun and enjoy yourselves here. But be respectful!

okjohne

I find it hard to tell who the beginners and the advanced Players are. I'm sure there are a couple down right sick Mr Fr's on this site as well. Anyone can taLK ON THESE FORUMS. Just like in real life though I'm sorry to say it most are'nt very good.

Posting a recording or video does help recognize a few folks that can play other that that it's all talk. I'm gonna get to work on mine. Might make some of you quit though. Now there is a great example of unsupported TALK.

Empyrean Drums

Geeze, I'm so grateful that other drummers take the time out of their busy day so they can make a post to tell me things like what I play has "no dynamic or rhythmic not to mention melodic value", because ya know, that's TOTALLY an opinion worthy of respect........:roll:

dwtoast72

okjohne":b8a5i0wu said:
I find it hard to tell who the beginners and the advanced Players are. I'm sure there are a couple down right sick Mr Fr's on this site as well. Anyone can taLK ON THESE FORUMS. Just like in real life though I'm sorry to say it most are'nt very good.

Posting a recording or video does help recognize a few folks that can play other that that it's all talk. I'm gonna get to work on mine. Might make some of you quit though. Now there is a great example of unsupported TALK.
...I was refering to rhe DML ranking system...

FiestyRedDrummEr

You don't have to post a video to know your good. Whats the point? It's all an ego "my penis is bigger than yours" fest anyway. Just have fun posting like everyone does. If you think someone is full of hot air, don't talk to them. Its the simplicity that most of you guys don't understand, and what causes personal attacks on others.

xdoseonex

FiestyRedDrummEr":3j0c0fu9 said:
You don't have to post a video to know your good. Whats the point? It's all an ego "my penis is bigger than yours" fest anyway. Just have fun posting like everyone does. If you think someone is full of hot air, don't talk to them. Its the simplicity that most of you guys don't understand, and what causes personal attacks on others.
well how big is yours?

xdoseonex

FiestyRedDrummEr":2ewroz0m said:
but the problem lies in people who are full of hot air getting through to younger uneducated drummers. then before you now it they think that sabians are low quality cymbals. pearl drums suck and that evans heads ae the only thing that can make your drum sound good. oh yeah. you cant play metal withouth axis pedals

FiestyRedDrummEr

xdoseonex":3cqhy0k6 said:
FiestyRedDrummEr":3cqhy0k6 said:
well how big is yours?

Which is why I don't post my videos!
So why are you attacking me now?

FiestyRedDrummEr

xdoseonex":1saky6q6 said:
FiestyRedDrummEr":1saky6q6 said:
but the problem lies in people who are full of hot air getting through to younger uneducated drummers. then before you now it they think that sabians are low quality cymbals. pearl drums suck and that evans heads ae the only thing that can make your drum sound good. oh yeah. you cant play metal withouth axis pedals
Young drummers will learn to take head. The advice they get here is the same advice they will get any where else and even in the real world when talking with another drummer. Thats the beauty of learning to drum, you test out different brands and stick to what you like the best.

Hack_and_Slash

xdoseonex":2u6sbtif said:
FiestyRedDrummEr":2u6sbtif said:
well how big is yours?
I lol'd

SmellsLikeIan

FiestyRedDrummEr":3pi2g1xv said:
xdoseonex":3pi2g1xv said:
FiestyRedDrummEr":3pi2g1xv said:
well how big is yours?

Not an attack, but since you are one of the more vocal members of the forum, why not post a video so you can at least say you've put your money where your mouth is. :mrgreen:

FiestyRedDrummEr

SmellsLikeIan":3f5yu7ek said:
FiestyRedDrummEr":3f5yu7ek said:
xdoseonex":3f5yu7ek said:
FiestyRedDrummEr":3f5yu7ek said:
well how big is yours?

Not an attack, but since you are one of the more vocal members of the forum, why not post a video so you can at least say you've put your money where your mouth is. :mrgreen:
Simply because I don't need to. Like me or don't, take my advice or don't. I could care less. I'm not trying to be the forums best liked drummer. Get to know me and I'll show you some. I'm a very dynamic percussionist. So a lot of the videos I have wouldn't be respected on this forum the way they should. This is a primarily made up forum of set players. I play everything, and while I have videos of me just playing set, I have videos of me playing classical, tympani. Vibraphone, Marimba, Hand Drums, Bodrhans, and a lot of my stuff would just be over looked here. if you're that interested. Get to know me. Until then, stop defeating the purpose of this topic. You wanna bash me so bad, make up a thread in off topic.

BillRayDrums

As long as a juxtaposition is presented with respect, then I'm OK with it. Don't be an asshole, lest you want someone to be an asshole back at you. Then we get out of balance, because some people don't know how to take things to personal message. And I'm just as guilty.

And then there's the exit. If the forum gets too much for you, take a break! I mean, if you get that pissed off at the internet, go outside!!! I have to do just that periodically.

Timekeep69

Bottom line is respect, respect other people and their opinions even if they differ from yours. What works for you may not work someone else. Agree to disagree and move on.

Homki890

FiestyRedDrummEr":3q98vx7m said:
Simply because I don't need to. Like me or don't, take my advice or don't. I could care less. I'm not trying to be the forums best liked drummer. Get to know me and I'll show you some. I'm a very dynamic percussionist. So a lot of the videos I have wouldn't be respected on this forum the way they should. This is a primarily made up forum of set players. I play everything, and while I have videos of me just playing set, I have videos of me playing classical, tympani. Vibraphone, Marimba, Hand Drums, Bodrhans, and a lot of my stuff would just be over looked here. if you're that interested. Get to know me. Until then, stop defeating the purpose of this topic. You wanna bash me so bad, make up a thread in off topic.
Hey, someone else who spells tympani with a "y"! Thought I was alone in the world.

I'm in the same boat as Fiesty Red, I play it all. Currently, Set is my main instrument, but I'm double majoring in Jazz and Percussion, getting an extensive workout on both set playing and percussion playing.

I post (or at least try to) because I enjoy teaching and showing people. It's fun! If someone is asking help, and I know how to fix it, a video is much more helpful then a lengthy post detailing how to fix it. A video is short, easy to understand, a great tool. Now, I frown upon people who talk shit and never back it up. It's called arrogance, and trust me, I'm as arrogant as they come sometimes, I know what it is, and it's a bitch to deal with. So, tone it down. If you're told you are wrong, you might be. That's why I took a sabbatical from the forums following the whole Moeller Stroke ordeal. I wasn't about to admit that I was wrong, but I can sure admit that I'm missing something and I need to get it. That seems to be the main problem these days. Young drummers, fresh off the Derrick Pope videos, think that they can own the world, when it's not that simple, and then get defensive and WON'T ADMIT TO BEING WRONG, even if they simply are. If young and arrogant drummers could learn how to take criticism and admit that they aren't the King of Shit sometimes, then the word would be a much better place.

Let's all relax, pull up an easy chair, light up a cigar, and enjoy each other's company.

Homki890

P.S. Fiesty, just out of curiosity, what 4-mallet grip do you use predominately?

Hack_and_Slash

Timekeep69":1wkfx8j5 said:
Bottom line is respect, respect other people and their opinions even if they differ from yours. What works for you may not work someone else. Agree to disagree and move on.
*Plays walk by pantera

SHOGUNWARRIOR32

FiestyRedDrummEr":3p3yljwa said:
You don't have to post a video to know your good. Whats the point? It's all an ego "my penis is bigger than yours" fest anyway.
Sorry Feisty.. I'm afraid you're completely way off base here.. there are so many positives that come from posting vids and watching other peoples vids. It's not to prove anything or show off. I've seen so many vids on here that completely inspire me like BillRay's vids to name one. There are people I'm hoping will post vids like Atmerrill so I can hear that killer kit.. or even your vids since you mention all the different areas you study..i'm sure everyone could learn a lot from that. There's so much to learn, not just about the drummer but about the kit, different styles, sounds, etc. You can also learn a lot just from posting your own vids.. i get quite a bit of constructive criticism on my vids in areas that need improving..so i focus on those areas.

You asked "What's the point?"..well.. there's just a couple points out of a million. (ps. I'm not claiming to have a huge penis either.. I'm Irish.. I aint packin!..ha ha)