Alesis Dm5 Module

PDP9000

I was looking at this module for my Ddrum triggers has anyone ever used this? How good is the sound and what can you do with it?

chire

i have the dm pro module, is almost the same as dm5
mine is second hand but works like new it has over 1500 drum sounds, 128 for each drum element, i really reccomend it.

eternalfury

i own a dm5 and there great for live applications .The most popular are the kick sounds i recommend
speed metal/reggae/fusion now heres a little secret about the DM5 kick sounds is the tune button change this and you could get a great sound you want /As for uploading thru mini with new sounds there are software for it but very little about how to do it
good luck

iatemygoat

eternalfury":2wwb1ous said:
i own a dm5 and there great for live applications .The most popular are the kick sounds i recommend
speed metal/reggae/fusion now heres a little secret about the DM5 kick sounds is the tune button change this and you could get a great sound you want /As for uploading thru mini with new sounds there are software for it but very little about how to do it
good luck
i heard this was only obtainable through the dm pro? also what does everyone say to using a bass maximizer of some sort? i like my triggered kick sound but id like some more low end. any suggestions?

Alan_

you could always combine mic'd and triggered bd sounds...get the "click" from the triggered sound and the "meat" from your acoustic bd.

iatemygoat

Alan_":16lk4dgw said:
you could always combine mic'd and triggered bd sounds...get the "click" from the triggered sound and the "meat" from your acoustic bd.
that would involve tuning and im lazy haha. im not sure ill be able to get that boom and keep the same feeling of my kick at the moment though. i used our mixer last night at practice and just boosted up the low end on the channel im running my triggers through and that worked perfectly