Album recommendation/what's on your iPod/CD Player

BillRayDrums

Right now I'm on a huge Zappa kick. "Roxy & Elsewhere" album, specifically. Ralph Humphrey and Chester Thompson. WOW. Just freakin' WOW.

There's 3 tunes called "Valley of the Sun", "Echidna's Arf (Of You)", and "Don't You Ever Wash That Thing?" Just absolutely some of the most masterful stuff I've ever heard.

Go check it out on iTunes.

mortem

I posted this a while ago on Off-Topic with no replies hahah whatever, I'm recommending it again:

Christian McBride - Live at Tonic

a wider review still on the Off-Topic section..

I've been listening to a lot of KCrimson as well, specifically the new stuff.. ConstruKction of Light and Power to Believe... I wonder what they'll do next.

Another thing I've been getting into is avant-prog rock or RIO.. bands like Present, Guapo, Univers Zero, Miriodor, Nebelnest and Art Zoyd.

FelterSkelter

BillRayDrums":2omxx2d4 said:
Right now I'm on a huge Zappa kick. "Roxy & Elsewhere" album, specifically. Ralph Humphrey and Chester Thompson. WOW. Just freakin' WOW.

There's 3 tunes called "Valley of the Sun", "Echidna's Arf (Of You)", and "Don't You Ever Wash That Thing?" Just absolutely some of the most masterful stuff I've ever heard.

Go check it out on iTunes.
"One size fits all" and "Over-Nite Sensation" have been heavy in my rotation for at least the last six months. Have you ever seen the "Dub Room Special" video? One of my favorites.

trstn

last weeks menu contained

- A Perfect Circle "Mer de Noms" - I can't get enough of that song "Judith"
- The Ocean - "Aeolian" and "Fluxion"
- Kyuss I have a random playlist with those 3 albums :D
- Jesu - "Conqueror"
- The Mirimar Disaster
- the 1999 Sigur Rós - Ágætis Byrjun
.. and some more .. but these were played quite often

Rob Crisp

Mine is all over the place!

Top 10 most played are, in reverse order;

Ain't That A Kick In the Head - Dean Martin
Sister Sadie - Buddy Rich Big Band
Hoe Down - Buddy Rich Big Band
Step Right Up - Buddy Rich Big Band
Overture/All That Jazz - Chicago Soundtrack
Rosanna - Toto
Rome Wasn't Built In A Day - Morcheeba
Bad, Bad leroy Brown - Frank Sinatra
No Way Back - Foo Fighters
Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters

arthurramsey19

OP: I second that Zappa kick, first it was Shiek... then Joe's Garage... then Roxy... then Over-Nite Sensation... then One Size Fits All, now, back to Over-Nite and Zoot Allures. "Montana" and "I am the Slime" are classic drums by Zappa. Ms. Pinky has kick ass drums by Bozzio. I have been heavy into all of Primus' material for years. Just getting in Rollins Band. In sum, check out Over-Nite Sensation and Ms. Pinky and also give Rollins Band a try. Oh, and Primus... Frizzle Fry or Pork Soda, maybe Brown Album. Praxis is another good one. Oh, and get some go-go funk, like Trouble Funk, some of the coolest stuff I have heard. Check them all out I have a feeling you will like almost all the stuff I sugested.

FelterSkelter

arthurramsey19":7ra5pako said:
OP: I second that Zappa kick, first it was Shiek... then Joe's Garage... then Roxy... then Over-Nite Sensation... then One Size Fits All, now, back to Over-Nite and Zoot Allures. Montana and I am the Slime are classic drums by Zappa and Ms. Pinky has kick ass drums. I have been heavy into all Primus for like years. Just getting in Rollins Band. In sum, check out Over-Nite and Ms. Pinky and also give Rollins Band a try. Oh, and Primus... Frizzle Fry or Pork Soda, maybe Brown Album. Praxis is another good one. Oh, and get some go-go funk, like Trouble Funk, some of the coolest stuff I have heard. Check them all out I have a feeling you will like almost all the stuff I sugested.
Coolest drums on a Rollins Band song goes out to "Inhale Exhale" from Come in and Burn.

Rick_danger

Death Cab for Cutie, Owen, Dntel, The Postal Service, Explosions in the Sky, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Sun 0))) & Boris, Electric Wizard

turbonathan

The new Rilo Kiley - Under the Blacklight is a materpiece in my ears, but they could shit in a jewel case and I'd buy it. The new Through The Eyes Of The Dead - Malice, is decent, I'll have to listen to it more to get full appreciation. Basically any Electro-Indie-Pop (Buattitime, Milke), plus Mastodon, Hank III, and thanks to the old ball and chain, Shiny Toy Guns is catchy. Highly recommend all of the above

screamkevin

Albums in my CD Changer right now:

Krokus -"Hardware"
Filter -"Title Of Record"
The Four Horsemen -"Nobody Said It Was Easy"
Buckcherry -"Thirteen"
Black Label Society - "The Blessed Hellride"
Meshuggah - "Rare Trax"
Mushroomhead - "XIII"
Our Lady Peace - "Naveed"
Tower Of Power - "Soul Vaccination: Live"

FelterSkelter