ahhhh! wht to choose

drummer912

so I'm ordering my m birch tomorrow and i can't decide whether to get the standard (10, 12, 13, 16) or fusion (8, 10, 12, 14) sizes. i put tht topic up about which sizes yall perfered and most of u said fusion sounded better. now im not a noob or anything, ive just been playing of standard sizes or about 41/2 yrs and dont have much experience with fusion. i play mostly rock stuff from green day to metallica to rob zombie. thanks alot

Howepirate

drummer912":fmkb1fye said:
so I'm ordering my m birch tomorrow and i can't decide whether to get the standard (10, 12, 13, 16) or fusion (8, 10, 12, 14) sizes. i put tht topic up about which sizes yall perfered and most of u said fusion sounded better. now im not a noob or anything, ive just been playing of standard sizes or about 41/2 yrs and dont have much experience with fusion. i play mostly rock stuff from green day to metallica to rob zombie. thanks alot
Trust me..fusion sizes are easier to tune

drummer912

wait, u talkin to me or him cause i said nothing about not being able to tune standard or fusion drums. i can tune fine.

Howepirate

michiganice91":2roeulyt said:
standard sounds better..and dude..if u dont know how to tune ur damn drums..u needa take lessons or some shit.
Your an idiot. I could tune your shit prolly better than you can. Fusion sizes are easy to tune as in they TONE UP, FEEL NICE, and flow well. Standard sizes require more pounding for the same sound. Thus making your drums go out of tune faster.

Lessons..i could school your little ass. I could prolly funk groove better with my triggers on lmao

michiganice91

Howepirate":29humxer said:
michiganice91":29humxer said:
standard sounds better..and dude..if u dont know how to tune ur damn drums..u needa take lessons or some shit.
Your an idiot. I could tune your shit prolly better than you can. Fusion sizes are easy to tune as in they TONE UP, FEEL NICE, and flow well. Standard sizes require more pounding for the same sound. Thus making your drums go out of tune faster.

Lessons..i could school your little ass. I could prolly funk groove better with my triggers on lmao
well that wasnt very nice :cry:

Howepirate

michiganice91":1b9af1qq said:
Howepirate":1b9af1qq said:
michiganice91":1b9af1qq said:

well that wasnt very nice :cry:
Sorry man...dont know what to tell you other than watch what u say

michiganice91

all i was trying to say is if you know how to properly tune your drums; your going to get a more thunderous harder rock sound out of standard sizes than you will with fusion..thats all. :shock:

PDP9000

drummer912":3n3x5utn said:
get fusion they sound better and are eaiser to tune

michiganice91

PDP9000":6iw6xjkw said:
get fusion they sound better and are eaiser to tune
wow dude..we just went through this. If you know how to properly tune drums..then their is no "easy" tuning and "hard" tuning. If drums are tuned properly standard sounds better than fusion..more powerful..plain and simple.

Howepirate

Apparently people dont understand what "easy to tune" really means so here we go.

1. Fusion sizes stay in tune more because they carry tone easier than standard toms.

2. The tune up quickly and precisely without much hassle

Michigance...imagine your touring in front of people and you've broken a rack tom head on a standard sized kit....its gonna take a while. Most likely you wont break a head on a fusion because they produce more sound but if it comes to it....it'll be easier to replace and tune up.

3. Tone is important. If you can get your toms with whatever head combination or sizes to have great tone and feel you've succeeded and this is much more easily accomplished with fusion sizes.

and furthermore...fusion sizes save space. You dont have to have bad tom angles and an uncomfy set-up because the toms are smaller. Duh.

michiganice91

Idk man I have standard sizes (11x12, and 12x13), and theyre easy for me to tune (because someone showed me how to tune drums properly), and theyre only slightly angled, and its not uncommfortable at all. I would much rather have larger more powerful toms. A 14 inch floor just doesnt cut it compared to a 16. If buddy rich and john bonham play with big toms..then hell I want to also.

xdoseonex

standard sizes ar alwaysw a pain in the ass to position over a 22 inch bass drum unless you like your toms up high to the point where you have to use your arms as opposed to using your wrists and fingers. but gfor heavy music they will sound more full. my set right now is 8 10 12 14, but its a gretsch renown maple and those toms ROAR.i like fusion but you may want the body of standard

Howepirate

michiganice91":l9anuzj4 said:
Idk man I have standard sizes (11x12, and 12x13), and theyre easy for me to tune (because someone showed me how to tune drums properly), and theyre only slightly angled, and its not uncommfortable at all. I would much rather have larger more powerful toms. A 14 inch floor just doesnt cut it compared to a 16. If buddy rich and john bonham play with big toms..then hell I want to also.
Well than thats fine because i always hated the way their toms sounded. And i know how to tune properly...when my friends hear my set they usually want me to come over and tune theirs.

michiganice91

Howepirate":117b5tsa said:
michiganice91":117b5tsa said:
Well than thats fine because i always hated the way their toms sounded. And i know how to tune properly...when my friends hear my set they usually want me to come over and tune theirs.
and u say i know nothing..pssht :wink:

drummer912

i need some kinda deep soundin drums and i know that you can tune the fusion sizes low but ive never played a fusion kit so thts why im askin here.