Ahead sticks...

ViciousCircle5

Anyone else think...

Ahead sticks are the worst innovation in drumsticks ever??!! I hate them. Every time I play a friend's kit and he/she throws me a pair of Ahead sticks, it really ruins my desire to jam out. I keep a set of Vater "Session" series sticks in my car just in case.

They are just so weighty and to me they lack the feel I like when playing the kit. I am also always afriad i'm going to break a precious cymbal or drumhead when I use those things.

I don't know about you guys, but i'd rather break sticks than cymbals.

Whose with me on this??

Alcyon

Frankly, who cares what you think? I like them, I like the weight and length, and the fact that the company hasn't gone under means that a lot of other people do too. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they're bad. Every person is different.

I wish to god people would shut up with these stupid threads about flaming equipment that they personally dislike. If you bothered to use search you'd find two or three other threads about Aheads in specific and the two war parties aligned against each other.

drummert2k

they are great sticks. a little heavy but last sooo much longer than most wood sticks. after you play with them for 2 to 3 hours you get a feel for them and actually like the beefyness they have.

and the chances of breaking a cymbal or head is no greater than with a wooden stick. think about it, both ahead and wooden sticks have nylon tips. and you're hitting the cymals with a plastic sleeve that is actually a lot softer than wood. as long as you replace the tips and sleeves when needed theres actually less of a chance of breaking cymbals and heads as with wooden sticks.

ViciousCircle5

Frankly, who cares what you think? I like them, I like the weight and length, and the fact that the company hasn't gone under means that a lot of other people do too. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they're bad. Every person is different.

I wish to god people would shut up with these stupid threads about flaming equipment that they personally dislike. If you bothered to use search you'd find two or three other threads about Aheads in specific and the two war parties aligned against each other.
...Wow.
That's all I have to say about that.

I personally don't care who likes them or dislikes them. After all, what difference does it make? I was curious to see where others stand on this product.

Sorry I touched on a sore subject such as....
Drumsticks??! wait...um...

No, yeah I'm pretty sure you are retarded.

And as far as breaking cymbals with them goes...
Whether the plastic is softer or not it is still a heavier stick. But you probably play with them more than I do, so I'm probably wrong.
Still not a fan. haha.
Anyways, Cheers to the adults in this conversation.
Out of curiousity what sticks does everyone here use?? I use Vater Session series, or Vic Firth 5a. Wood tip.
-Tim

Alcyon

You clearly weren't looking for "where other people stand on this product". You clearly asked to see who agreed with you that you don't like them. What's the point of that?

It's not a sore subject - I don't care whether you like my drumsticks or not. But just don't assume that since you don't like something no one else should either. I apologize if that wasn't your intention, but lately I've seen a lot of posts from people on this forum, bashing Sabians or Aheads or Iron Cobras or what have you, not comprehending the basic fact that people are different and what sounds good or feels good to one person might not to another.

Also, calling me retarded really makes you more of an adult. I'm way too young to know any good insults like you. What a paragon of maturity.

This thread is pointless either way. Look at http://www.drumsmylife.com/viewtopic.php?t=4266&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30 if you want to join the throng of pointless debate.

ViciousCircle5

haha I presented it like a serious debate in jest. Anyone that would take it seriously really IS special.
Of course every person is different. That's the foundation of conversation. If everyone just agreed to disagree we'd have pretty boring conversations don't you think??
It wasn't an argument by any means. It was a conversation starter.
Learn to take yourself less seriously and not be so defensive. People that do so ARE retarded.

Alcyon

People who act patronizing to others and belittle them are retarded too.

In all seriousness, let's close this thread, please. Everyone and their mother has posted commentary in the thread I showed you last post.

drummert2k

good job fella's. glad we could settle this without it turning into another 4000000 page thread. now lets all go for some pizza sometime.

Scott_Hurford

drummert2k":2cmc8h5x said:
good job fella's. glad we could settle this without it turning into another 4000000 page thread. now lets all go for some pizza sometime.
God, me too, like that 'No Reso Head' Post a month or so ago, god tht arguement went on for like 10 pages, each filled with nothing but crap lol I think one page had good info, the rest was ppl argueing.

I'll come for a pizza with u guys haha 8)

xdoseonex

ViciousCircle5":1s7xxfr8 said:

Whose with me on this??
I dont know where you guys get this stuff from. ahead sticks will make your cymbals last longer than wood because the sleeve is nylon. and nylon is softer than wood. so not only do they not break but they prevent you from breaking cymbals. but theyt dont feel like wood. so you have to like the feel of them for them to be right for you

skitch

Alcyon":3t00jxni said:
You clearly weren't looking for "where other people stand on this product". You clearly asked to see who agreed with you that you don't like them. What's the point of that?

It's not a sore subject - I don't care whether you like my drumsticks or not. But just don't assume that since you don't like something no one else should either. I apologize if that wasn't your intention, but lately I've seen a lot of posts from people on this forum, bashing Sabians or Aheads or Iron Cobras or what have you, not comprehending the basic fact that people are different and what sounds good or feels good to one person might not to another.

Also, calling me retarded really makes you more of an adult. I'm way too young to know any good insults like you. What a paragon of maturity.

This thread is pointless either way. Look at http://www.drumsmylife.com/viewtopic.php?t=4266&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30 if you want to join the throng of pointless debate.
What model of Ahead sticks are you using?

tom-tom

for the price and options i definitely prefer wood but for the look i prefer the ahead sticks. when i play faster stuff the sticks come out to play but for general practice i use wood because its not such a problem if i break them. i own the jordison signature sticks, i find i hit alot harder when using the aheads. the sticks have lasted me about a year and all i have to do is replace the shaft and tips. id say there worth the money if u play harder and faster beats.

galgano16

ViciousCircle5":27p2vjv8 said:
Anyone else think...

They are just so weighty and to me they lack the feel I like when playing the kit. I am also always afriad i'm going to break a precious cymbal or drumhead when I use those things.

wht the hell is wrong with ppl thinkin tht hitting a cymbal with a more soft material than wood is gonna break a cymbal? the cymbal will not sustain damage from anything tht it gets hit with tht is not as hard, it's most likely from the poor technique tht many players use tht will damage the cymbal, the most likely case here as in many

xdoseonex

Alcyon":2mas20am said:
Lars Ulrich signatures (I know, I know... :p).
do they make your double bass uneven and make ur snare sound like a timbale when you play with them? hahahahaha

xdoseonex

ok let me clear this up for you guys. ahead sticks do not damage cymbals or anything else. people that use ahead sticks are usually very hard hitters who are sick of breaking sticks, hence theyre the ones who break cymbals. so alot of the same people whoe use ahead sticks are also the ones to break cymbals, no connection to the sticks

Martybabes

Alcyon":2l3h06r1 said:
Lars Ulrich signatures (I know, I know... :p).
same, i like them, i like the weight.

i using wood atm, need to buy new sleeves for them, but saving money for cymbals instead.

Peace out