Ahead Snare Drum

Alcyon

I tested one in a drum store and have always wanted one... It's either that or a PDP SX wood hoop, though.

johnmc2k

forgot to say, i put teh moon gel on because it has alot of over tone, its meant to be there as it is a brass snare, I like it, but it was to much for my band, its got the funk like! Also if you see the rims in teh picture they hang over the skin - gives one hell of a lovely rim hot!

DrummerByron

I heard they are comparable to the Ludwig Black Beauty, is that true? I have heard the demo on the Ahead site and it seemed to lack power, but it could have been the recording. It seems very well built and innovative, I just want more opinions before I drop $300 to $400 on a snare.

anavrinIV

i made a thread about the same snare a while ago....

i love it. id own one if i had some extra cash. and these are deadly powerful snares, it was just the recording.

Bigd11

do they only do it in 6" depth?
way to deep for my liking
my snares have to metal (copper or brass)
and 5" depth at the very most

johnmc2k

Not sure, but it is brass, check teh picture of drums page and go 2 the thread i made....I have a good pic of it there.

the brass rim over hangs the skin aswell so it gives the best rim shot ever!!!

skitch

These are actually suprisingly good sounding snare drums! I would prefer one with a Trick or Nickelworks throw-off though!