Advice?

hoodares

Ok well my friend is looking to sell me her Mapex Venus drum kit. What do u guys think about the set? I am just starting and am into playing rock more than other genres. Would this set hold up well and carry out a good rock beat? Thanks for ur help!

anavrinIV

itll do fine...any set will do any beat, its the drummer that has to make it happen. honestly, you can pretty much play any basic rock song with nothing more than a bass drum, snare drum, and a set of hihats.

what all is she going to sell you, and how much are you planning on paying?

hoodares

she is giving me everything for 300. It even has sabian cymbals. I guess the price is more like a going away gift or just cuz she is my friend and bought a new one already.

drummer912

wht kind of sabian cymbals? tht will be a great first kit if put some new heads on there and tune her up. good luck

anavrinIV

300 is a good deal even for a full set with beginner cymbals and hardware...as long as you have everything its a good deal.

SGarrett

That's a great first kit and a really good price on it. Get it if you can afford it and really want to play.

dbkman

heres what makes drums sound good....10% good build/shells.....40% good heads......and 50% a good drummer who knows what they're doing. ;) the kit doesnt make the drummer, the drummer makes the kit

Jamie

dbkman":24fsxkhz said:
heres what makes drums sound good....10% good build/shells.....40% good heads......and 50% a good drummer who knows what they're doing. ;) the kit doesnt make the drummer, the drummer makes the kit

I like this man.