advice on bass drum pedals

seandude

yeah this is my first one so sorry if im a total noob

i was looking for a new pedal.
i HATE my dw 7000 it always makes double sounds like ill hit it and it will hit twice and idk how to fix it and its making me mad
anyways

iw as thinks of a double bass
a ddw 5000 (awsome in the store)
iron cobra (expesive!!!)
and idk do you have n sugjestions (my spelling sucks btw)

markt36264

Put your heel down or lift up on your leg so the beater gets off the head after one hit. This is a technique problem, not the pedal. You might try try rotating the rest position of the beaters back a little so there is more spring tension when the beater makes contact.

masonvonritchie

I have a 7000 and had the same problem when i started out but I learned a correct technique. When I'm playing fast double bass, I take my heel off and use my ankles. It's almost like bouncing it off the ball of my foot, without actually taking my foot of the pedal. It works for me.

markt36264

Get the pressure off the pedal before the second note happens. After the first hit, the beater bounces back and if your foot is in the way, you will get another note. If you want two notes that is great but if not, get out of the way. You might also try loosening your bass drum head so that it doesn't rebound as much.

masonvonritchie

Oh, I didn't read your first post close enough then. Mess around with the spring tension and beater position. Even when I had a single 7000 I didn't have that problem.