Ads in Threads

Atmerrill

I know the previous thread has been locked, but I don't feel the dialog and feelings of members to this intrusion should be simply "locked out."

If we members should not use threads as blank advertisements, then having advertisements and links posted within our responses without our consent should not be allowed either. There are enough advertisements already on the DML site without having to endure them in threads as well.

IF DML wants more subscribers, then it would do better by being a site where drumming ideas are valued over marketing hype and gimmicks.

Homki890

Do you mean, like, singular posts and threads that's just an advertisement? If so, those are maddeningly annoying. I think, however, "ads" for certain products when they relate to the topic are fine. Say, for instance, someone was wanting to know how to drum like Lars Ulrich, and someone can advertise the Metallica drum book, or something like that. It relates, it doesn't hurt.

and maybe I'm not understanding. But yeah, the single threads that are just ads, they get old after a while.

Homki890

Homki890

Ok.

Nevermind. Just realized what the blue highlighted words in posts were. That's pretty not cool. don't want to be pestered with that. Just want to read the post.

Homki890

Timekeep69

It wasn't locked to stop discussion, it was locked because there were two threads about it in two different sections.

Gabimo

the only ads i see are in the sigs.... i have no idea what you guys are talking about.. if you mean the top& bottom stuff i do
i think you meant replys though

could someone explain to me