Acrylic Snare Drums

da-boom-bat

Hey boys.

You guys need to check out RCI acrylic drums from these guys (link below) - I bought a clear shell offset lug monster with a 'Trick' throw off.

I have played snares (and kits) from every acrylic drum manufacturer on the market and these guys blow them all out the water!

They have taken this acrylic thing to a new level with advanced shells and patterns, like the old vistalites from back in the day but 10 times better!!

Man these drums are out of this world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out...

www.acrylicdrumsheaven.com

You can actually build your own drums on there!! :idea: :D

RogersDrummer

Hello,

I have played that pork pie snare drum several times at guitar center. It has a nice, loud popping and cracking sound when tunned high. It's a good snare for the money. Very loud and responsive. It also has a nice, fat tone. Compared to the Spaun acrylics which sound rather thin.

rob

Jaso

thanks for the info guys. im probably going to go to a good drumstore were i live that has a pretty nice selection so ill try there

thx again. :D

Reaper33X

da-boom-bat":15q474bo said:
Hey boys.

You guys need to check out RCI acrylic drums from these guys (link below) - I bought a clear shell offset lug monster with a 'Trick' throw off.

I have played snares (and kits) from every acrylic drum manufacturer on the market and these guys blow them all out the water!

They have taken this acrylic thing to a new level with advanced shells and patterns, like the old vistalites from back in the day but 10 times better!!

Check out...

I've contacted them and I'm not convinced.

£300 UK money (roughly $600 US) for a custom snare.

Seems rather cheap, and I'm a true believer of getting what you pay for.

jbreshears

Reaper33X":3livc82g said:
da-boom-bat":3livc82g said:
Hey boys.

Check out...

I've played afriend of mine's and it is amazing.

Bowmanator

the clear 6x14 is one you need to check out, best 200$ snare you could ever buy, great pop when tight and fat when loose, acrylic doesnt choke as much when cranked up, nice feature of those shell. Definetly get a pork pie acrylic, theyre cheap and the edges are cut in a way that they resonate a sing beautifully.

Reaper33X":14w2dguj said:
da-boom-bat":14w2dguj said:
Hey boys.

Check out...

What?!

Cheap?!

I know you believe in what you pay for, but $600?, come on. I build those same snares and have actually used RCI before, but now use GnT, and they are making a PURE $300 at least of those snares.

Quality SHOULD NOT be expensive. Contact me, I can make any snare any other Custom Drum Co. can make. The only difference, I have a full-time job and I am not interested in making money. I believe in creating a drum that YOU want, for the price YOU think you should pay. [as long as it is at cost :) ]

So, my point is, Rolls Royces' break down too; but Chevys' are cheaper to fix. :)

HAMMERDRUMS

CHOPSHOP Drum Company brought an amazing acrylic flame kit and snares this year at NAMM. These sound great and have a real bright live tone. Just one small vent hole to not dry it up so much and give it some throttle. The whole kit was just used in the studio with Poison at A&M studios and the engineer loved it. Don Was is producing and loves the drums CHOPSHOP is putting out. Double 45's on the bearing edges and clear Emperor batters work great on their acrylics. Any slight overtones were remedied with Moongels.
Check 'em out.

ombudsman

i have custom 14x6 acrylic. it's got kick'n sound. . . very loud and cuts like metal snare with just a touch of warmth.