• Bon Scott

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brian Johnson

• They both rock the same!

• Total voters

ChrisNichols

Not really related to drums. Just wondering, who did you prefer as singer, Bon Scott or Brian Johnson? Gotta say I'd vote Brian. I prefer his husky kind of tone, and I just think AC/DC did their best work during his era (though they did make some fine songs with Bon - 'Big Balls', 'Girl's Got Rhythm', 'Highway To Hell'). What's everyone else think?

Timekeep69

I like all of Bon Scott's stuff and like all of Brian Johnsons stuff from 80-90. Brian's voice changed in the 90s and sounds all gurgly now.

SGarrett

I can't stand Bon Scott's voice. I can at least tolerate Brian Johnson's voice, even if he does look constantly constipated while he's singing. I wonder if he's ever given himself a hernia singing like that? :D

Rockula!

I guess i would have to go the opposite
Bon's voice (although irritating to some) was bourne completely out of the naturally occurring character of his own voice
Brian Johnson just sounds like someone who is forcing it
I noticed the toll it was taking when "Thunderstruck" came out
There are a few moments when he can interject personality into it but nothing compared to Bon's
Since Bon Scott wasn't forcing the most distorted tones as posible, you could hear a lot more playfulness and subtlety

SmellsLikeIan

Rockula!":5ards24s said:
I guess i would have to go the opposite
Bon's voice (although irritating to some) was bourne completely out of the naturally occurring character of his own voice
Brian Johnson just sounds like someone who is forcing it
I noticed the toll it was taking when "Thunderstruck" came out
There are a few moments when he can interject personality into it but nothing compared to Bon's
Since Bon Scott wasn't forcing the most distorted tones as posible, you could hear a lot more playfulness and subtlety
Yeah, I always liked Bon better. I won't go as far as to say the Brian Johnson sounds like someone doing a bad impression of Bon Scott, (that's what I used to say) but I do agree about him forcing it. But there are a lot of later AC/DC songs that I really like.