AAX-PLOSION "Fast" Crash?

2 questions:
i need a new fast/primary crash from SABIAN. Has anyone heard the AAX-PLOSION FAST crashes? {It seems like it would be way too thin to use as a primary crash.}
2. any suggestions for a fast/primary crash? preferably AA or AAX.

DONT TELL ME TO TRY IT OUT! IF I COULD, I WOULDNT ASK THIS QUESTION :shock:

MrPowerRide

sabian has so many, its hard to pick. but if you want a "fast" crash persay, then aaxplosion is your route. regular crashes, then aax stages are bright and nice sounding, so are the hhx evolutions. but they arent very cutting, they are fast though.

SGarrett

It'll be like the fast version of any other cymbal, it'll speak quickly and more brightly than its non-fast counterpart, then it'll get out of the way quickly. Good for studio work or accents. As a main crash, it would depend entirely on 1) intended use (ie: genre) and 2) diameter (larger cymbals are louder and lower pitched). Typically, these don't work well as main crash cymbals for rock based genres or anything else high volume.

nydubber

then they need to be stickied too, if for nothing else but to avoid trying to explain the subtleties that are the differences in each and every cymbal.

I don't care if the one I posted gets stickied or if another that I've never heard of gets put up....just as long as there is something. :D