A TRIPLE China stack?!!!

Sounds cool?

• Yah totally, Terry Bozzio would probably love it lol

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, I'm not so much the experimental sounds type drummer...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

phoenix7289

Ok, so here's the story:

Sabian was taking forever to send me my free AAXtreme 15" Chinese, so I had called in, and said, yo, wtf, where is my cymbal? They said they hadn't gotten the thingy for that deal, but would do it and take my word for it. It finally got here just yesterday (Wednesday) and lo and behold, I got TWO! XD haha nice job Sabian. Anyways, so I had one, which I put right next to my hi hats, and might I add for you all, these are great cymbals, I would suggest you get one yourself! I had an extra... many options flew through my mind, until finally, I decided to make a triple china stack. I won't be able to hit it till the mid-morning now though.. but I wonder what you all think... here's the specs:

18" World Percussion Leopard China on bottom
15" AAXtreme bla bla in middle
12" World Percussion Leopard China on top

Pics soon.

anavrinIV

i think you should send the extra to me since you clearly dont need 2 and ive been dying to get one on the left side of the kit.

i dont know how the stack would sound...probably like crap imo. try it and if you like it then keep it if you want to....you may have a little trouble getting them all onto one stand though.

christopherabruce

I have at least one cymbal tree(stack) in my set up, usually 3-5 cymbals. I like to bow the cymbals with a violin bow or a stick that I applied rosin to. I'll use thiner felts between each cymbal so theres metal-to-metal contact which creates interesting harmonics. Also when bowing, I'll push-down on one cymbal so theres more contact between multiple cymbals which creates more variety of harmonics.

Christopher

phoenix7289":356rnqnq said:
Ok, so here's the story:

Sabian was taking forever to send me my free AAXtreme 15" Chinese, so I had called in, and said, yo, wtf, where is my cymbal? They said they hadn't gotten the thingy for that deal, but would do it and take my word for it. It finally got here just yesterday (Wednesday) and lo and behold, I got TWO! XD haha nice job Sabian. Anyways, so I had one, which I put right next to my hi hats, and might I add for you all, these are great cymbals, I would suggest you get one yourself! I had an extra... many options flew through my mind, until finally, I decided to make a triple china stack. I won't be able to hit it till the mid-morning now though.. but I wonder what you all think... here's the specs:

18" World Percussion Leopard China on bottom
15" AAXtreme bla bla in middle
12" World Percussion Leopard China on top

Pics soon.

phoenix7289

anavrinIV":26ja6jy5 said:
i think you should send the extra to me since you clearly dont need 2 and ive been dying to get one on the left side of the kit.

i dont know how the stack would sound...probably like crap imo. try it and if you like it then keep it if you want to....you may have a little trouble getting them all onto one stand though.
Oh they are all on ^_^ Fit just barely haha, unfortunately, I've been sleeping most days up all night, so I haven't had the chance to wack it XD