A pedal that's too smooth

DrumsPlus

Just got a DW7000 double pedal that was used and I can't believe how smooth they are. In reality, they are almost too smooth. They are so fast that it's like rewiring my brain. They are an older pair with the single chain, and are in great shape with great tension on the springs but it's crazy. I had to have 3 other guys come over just to find out if it's me, but they all said the same thing.

I know this shouldn't be a complaint, but it's hard to get use too. I had a DW9000 single, and that was smooth too, but not nearly as fast. Anyone else experience this before?

DrumsPlus

I don't think they suck, but they are fast. If I can't get use to them, I will go back to my Pearls and just use these for practice.

Cheerful-Bear

I have a DW 7002 Pedal, but it's slower than anything else I've played. It's probably because it's old and falling apart, but on most pedals, I don't think it is necessary to put a rubber band on it to keep the chain from falling off like I do...

Cheerful-Bear

Are you talking to me? I think you are so:
I've already tried that. They're as tight as they'll go. Yes, I have tried loosening (is that spelled right?) them, but that was even worse. I guess I'll just get new springs, and at some point, a better pedal!

DrumsPlus

tightened the springs up all the way. The pedals work a lot better now. Now I know I have to replace the springs.