A New video of me drumming!!!

phoenix7289

This time it is to Hallowed Be Thy Name by Iron Maiden. Thing is: I had been up for 23 hours straight... I was like half-dead... but had 'the calling' and felt like seeing what I could pull off when I am half-dead. Thing to remember, I have like never played this song, other than air-drums.... So.... I know it needs work, just tell me what you think if it is cool and whatever....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_trG1ZX8ca0

mouse

what I like about you kid, is that you're not afriad to throw yourself in the deep end and learn to swim quickly :wink: :D

keep it up :)

Sarah x

phoenix7289

mouse":62p92vy2 said:
what I like about you kid, is that you're not afriad to throw yourself in the deep end and learn to swim quickly :wink: :D

Sarah x
lol
Thanks? But tell me what you mean by throwing myself into the deep end... like, trying hard songs, when I am not quite that talented yet? Because if that is what you mean, then you are correct, I think that is what has made me grow quicker in the past year than the two years before it, just trying all of this harder stuff...

casketborn1

Not the best but who am I to say!? Gotta start somewhere. My first and only band is a freaking death/grind band- Lets just say I hated my bandmates for the first year , but I fill because I started out playing harder stuff I have progressed faster than a lot of drummers I know-Some people learn fast, some dont- just remember Quality and P :twisted: ercision!!

mortem

you need to work a lot on your time-keeping, bro.

just curious... how long have you been playing for??

phoenix7289

mortem":2r2tejyh said:
you need to work a lot on your time-keeping, bro.

just curious... how long have you been playing for??
Shorter than I wish...
Been wanting to play since I was 4 (now 17)
Didn't REALLY start playing until about 2 years ago....
Lessons were taken say 3 years ago... but the teacher was a monotone... so I dropped that. I am now about to start some new lessons because I want to be able to TOPPLE ALL!!! :p

writheindecay

casketborn1":2aoxchgf said:
Not the best but who am I to say!? Gotta start somewhere. My first and only band is a freaking death/grind band- Lets just say I hated my bandmates for the first year , but I fill because I started out playing harder stuff I have progressed faster than a lot of drummers I know-Some people learn fast, some dont- just remember Quality and P :twisted: ercision!!

i know how you feel.

4 months into playing i joined these guys www.myspace.com/prophecysdomain

i quit not too long ago though. i was in the band about 3 months.

phoenix7289

writheindecay":24g6njth said:
casketborn1":24g6njth said:

i know how you feel.

4 months into playing i joined these guys www.myspace.com/prophecysdomain

i quit not too long ago though. i was in the band about 3 months.
eww
I don't like em...
>.>
Though their drumset looks pretty nice! :)

mouse

phoenix7289":1v54q108 said:
mouse":1v54q108 said:

Sarah x
lol
Thanks? But tell me what you mean by throwing myself into the deep end... like, trying hard songs, when I am not quite that talented yet? Because if that is what you mean, then you are correct, I think that is what has made me grow quicker in the past year than the two years before it, just trying all of this harder stuff...
what I ment is that you're not scared to try things that (might) be above your ability to play, AND THEN to video them and willing show others. It's a trait of bravery I have to really admire 8) I couldn't do it. Though I wish I could. And yes, it's the fearlessness that'll really help your playing improve :)

So in context of my little analergy (sp?!??), most will pussyfoot in the shallow end to scared to go in and try (ie. me for example) and then there's those who fully commit, jump straight in, learn the hard way, but ultimately acheive their goal a whole lot faster! :D

Sarah x

phoenix7289

mouse":305s0es9 said:
phoenix7289":305s0es9 said:
mouse":305s0es9 said:

Sarah x
lol
what I ment is that you're not scared to try things that (might) be above your ability to play, AND THEN to video them and willing show others. It's a trait of bravery I have to really admire 8) I couldn't do it. Though I wish I could. And yes, it's the fearlessness that'll really help your playing improve :)

So in context of my little analergy (sp?!??), most will pussyfoot in the shallow end to scared to go in and try (ie. me for example) and then there's those who fully commit, jump straight in, learn the hard way, but ultimately acheive their goal a whole lot faster! :D

Sarah x
Ahh awesome thanks! I feel loved by one of our UK drummers YAY!!!

Spydr2000

You can tell you love to play. If I were you I'd focus on just playing beats instead of trying to play songs. Nothing wrong with playing songs but you need to work on timing and being more solid. Use youtube.com to find things to learn and work on. I didn't have this when i was learning and there is so much on there to make things easier. Keep practicing your doing good.

phoenix7289

Spydr2000":2r5xmdzn said:
You can tell you love to play. If I were you I'd focus on just playing beats instead of trying to play songs. Nothing wrong with playing songs but you need to work on timing and being more solid. Use youtube.com to find things to learn and work on. I didn't have this when i was learning and there is so much on there to make things easier. Keep practicing your doing good.
Thanks man!

sp4zium

try rolling on the cymbals using the front-back method in the beginning of the song, (where you hit the cymbal with the front of the stick and the back on the rebound, gives 16th notes easily with one stick...) as for the rest of the song, work on high-hat technique, you tend to drag a bunch, and for the fills, work on smoothing them out... the doubles seem broken relative to the cymbal hits... you might want to lower the cymbals too... that would help a lot. good luck!

phoenix7289

sp4zium":2xe37na8 said:
try rolling on the cymbals using the front-back method in the beginning of the song, (where you hit the cymbal with the front of the stick and the back on the rebound, gives 16th notes easily with one stick...) as for the rest of the song, work on high-hat technique, you tend to drag a bunch, and for the fills, work on smoothing them out... the doubles seem broken relative to the cymbal hits... you might want to lower the cymbals too... that would help a lot. good luck!
got this message on the tube. :p

drumkid523

Lessons will not make you "topple all".
"toppling all" will come with time and experience. Drumming the way you want to a feel comfortable doing so cannot be taught..

phoenix7289

drumkid523":454rzmy7 said:
Lessons will not make you "topple all".
"toppling all" will come with time and experience. Drumming the way you want to a feel comfortable doing so cannot be taught..
....I know.

piggskins

learn EVERYTHING. i don't just mean songs. styles, techniques, why this head/ cymbal sounds better for this type of situation; add any "flavor" you can to YOUR playing, too but keep YOU in it. and yes youtube is a great tool, wish i'd had it!
and most important, don't let anyone get in your way.(no disrespect to my lovely wife...)
and, have fun!

mpthreer

hey do you think we give a shit how fatigued you are, were not gonna stroke your boner and kiss your wounds....... but good job keep it up haha l8r man

phoenix7289

mpthreer":1wosyjst said:
hey do you think we give a shit how fatigued you are, were not gonna stroke your boner and kiss your wounds....... but good job keep it up haha l8r man
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: