A band called Cynic

chachaman02

Hey guys. I'm sure i've introduced myself thre million times, but i'll do it again. I'm chad from New York City. I've been playing drums for five years and i'm seventeen.

I was wondering If anyone has heard of the band Cynic. They are a really good band. But they also have one of the most inovative underated drummers i have heard to date. Tell me if you guys have heard of them and if you have please give me an opinion. thanx guys.

vargasdrumbeast

Oh man someone else who likes them!

I love Cynic their music is like out there, like their little Jazzy parts in the middle of their metal parts.

Great Band! The Drummer is fantastic, and your definately right about how underated he is, but hes very expressive and he fits that band perfectly

great topic man

chachaman02

For such a great band they have no recognition. These guys are like gods of musical tallent. their drummer plays exactly what fits and he's able to mix death metal elements with jazz so pefectly. its really cool.

doublekick2

dude, CYNIC kicks ass. sean reinert is awesome and very underrated. i reccommend picking up their album called "focus"

Eiren

I'm a big fan of Cynic, awesome band. Great drummer.

Going to hopefully see one of their reunion shows this summer.

truckerjon

Sean Reinert rules. He also plays on the album 'Human' by 'Death', which i just realized was 16 years ago! Anyway, that's where I first heard him and was completely blown away. Check it out, if you can find it.

Slammz

Ive heard a few tunes from this band and wow!! They smoke something fierce!! Ripping music and great drum parts that make you think!

mortem

umm I don't like Cynic too much... I'd rather listen to Aghora or Gordian Knot (also with Sean Reinert on drums)

Flatliner

At first I pulled up the page and was like "oh great another death metal band" but this has got a great vibe, I prefer the fusion parts to the metal stuff, but great music none-the-less.

If you like this guys, check out "Planet X", more fusion based and an instrumental band, but I think you might like them as well, and besides who deosn't love Virgil Donati?