>_____<

Palryo

this has nothin to do with drums, but i have a legal problem that i need some of you smart people to help me deal with.

ok, well, saturday and sunday i was gone to my g/f house and i had my truck parked in my friends yard out of the way of the road so that it wouldnt get hit cause we were going in his car. Sunday when he comes back to pick me up he tells me that this guy keith (hes the size of the moon) backed into my truck.

So now keith is avoiding me and since it was on private property the cops dont want to do anything about it and i cant get keiths insurance info since it was his fault.

Now what i need to know is what can i do to get this shit settled cause im tired of tracking his fat ass down trying to get his info. His mom took his car away from him today, but tomorrow hes supposed to be getting a van (omg he will kill people with that i swear ).

And i was just wondering if any of you could tell me any way that i could speed this along any further because its pissing me the fuck off that he tried to drive away without telling anyone he backed into a parked vehicle and that hes avoiding. :?

And also if the moderaters think this is something stupid to post about then just delete the topic

thanks peoples,
Drew

Naicitrom

Hey you're in America... Can't you just go shoot him?
Haha... I jest... ;)
Nah but seriously there's only so long he can avoid it....

Palryo

thats just it, hes so fat he cant control the gas pedal on his car so he speeds everywhere

and Naicitrom, i could shoot him, but the blubber would ricochet the bullet into someone or something else.

Naicitrom

Okay failing that just go hack his tyres to bits and maybe steal a wing mirror or something...
Drawing pins stuck under the door handle is a good 'un, too.

Piddywiffle

Private property?!?! They we're kidding right? If he hit your car... private property or not... then left the scene... It's a hit and run. If they complain again about it, get the property owner involved. Have him press the charges if you have to.

Now if he was smashing his own crap on his own property the cops couldnt say jack. But on someone else's property and he damaged yet another persons property.... Huh-uh... I dont think so... that cop had it wrong.

Seriously... private property? So that means I can drive my care thru a parking lot and smash into whatever the hell I want and get away with it.

I dont think so. Call a lawyer. I'de get that crap straightened out FAST.

Oh and if you dont wanna take it that far cause he's your buddy? Think about how good of a friend he was when he smashed into your car and ditched out. Yea... thanks buddy.

Palryo

keith is far from my friend. and he tried to run but he didnt succeed.

My friends mom, the one who owns the property, told me that if we had to, i could sue her property tax or something like that. And then after that was over she would turn around and sue the hell out of keith.

The cops told her that we would have to settle it between the 2 of us as in keith and i. So thats why i need his insurance info so i can call the company, and tell them the estimates ive gotten so far. And they can either send me their own estimate guy or take one of the ones ive gotten and give me a check for that much.

The only reason we havent sued (yet) is because lawyers cost money. but thats only going to be a last resort.

He also has a trust fund for over $150,000. So if we do go to court, not to be greedy or anything it would only be to teach him a lesson, we're going for that money.

And thanks for the info wiffle :D

Babaganoosh

Does he even have insurance? Would his mother possibly be able to retrieve the insurance information? Shootin' him does sound kinda good though.

Brother_Bong

Piddywiffle":3oyk854e said:
Private property?!?! They we're kidding right? If he hit your car... private property or not... then left the scene... It's a hit and run. If they complain again about it, get the property owner involved. Have him press the charges if you have to.

Now if he was smashing his own crap on his own property the cops couldnt say jack. But on someone else's property and he damaged yet another persons property.... Huh-uh... I dont think so... that cop had it wrong.

Seriously... private property? So that means I can drive my care thru a parking lot and smash into whatever the hell I want and get away with it.

I dont think so. Call a lawyer. I'de get that crap straightened out FAST.

Oh and if you dont wanna take it that far cause he's your buddy? Think about how good of a friend he was when he smashed into your car and ditched out. Yea... thanks buddy.
I agree with this post, your rights are being violated...

galgano16

and Naicitrom, i could shoot him, but the blubber would ricochet the bullet into someone or something else.[/quote]

not true, if hes really fat, then his gravitational pull would just suck the bullet in, along with everything else around him

SmellsLikeIan

Get his license plate number, call the police, and report a hit and run.

If they do nothing, call your insurance, give them his license plate #, and report the hit and run to them. Tell them you DO NOT want to claim it on your insurance. Sometimes insurance companies have better luck with less than helpful police departments than the average citizen.

xdoseonex

go to the polce station and talk to a different cop. its not legal for them to tell you they cant do anything.

andybfrank

I used to be a personal injury paralegal. Call an attorney for advice. Many times it is hard to go after people because there is no police report. If the guy who hit you is a minor, his parents are ultimately responsible. It's their insurance information you need. Try explaining the situation to the parents and asking for their insurance info. Take pictures of the damage and make sure the person who witnessed it is willing to sign an affidavit. But try to peacefully settle this with the parents through insurance before you talk about suing them or anything like that.

BillRayDrums

Small claims court. If you want to stir things up, contact Judge Joe Brown. He LIVES for this kind of stuff. Either him or Judge Judy.

Hey, I would!!!!

:lol: :twisted:

drumsforlife

Actually, seeing as this happened on private property, you'd need to take a good look at the property owner's home owner's insurance policy. Contact a good attorney and have them go over the policy. If there's a clause in there, they'll find it. Also, take a good look at your state's car insurance laws. If he doesn't have insurance, and it's against the law in your state, then you can get him for that. Believe me, I'm hearing you on the whole police issue. Sometimes they can be dicks and just not even give a shit about you. Talking to another cop is definately a good idea. I recently had a small legal issue, and I didn't stop at just talking to one person, or even one department. I was constantly back and forth between getting advice from the county sheriffs and city police. Going down to the court house and catching a judge would also be a smart thing, although I'd handle that a bit carefully...

SmellsLikeIan

kylevater":59fzgkft said:
nothing says fuck you more then a potato in the muffler
The potato will not do any lasting damage. The car will simply not start. As soon as he finds the potato and removes it, the car will run. I know this from experience. I had a blowout and in the process, my muffler got smashed FLAT! I started freaking out when it wouldn't start, thinking I ran out of gas, too (I was about to get more but I was far from home, and 2 or 3 miles from a gas station.) Then I walked around the back of the car and saw the muffler was smashed......I straightened it out and.....Vroooom vroooommmm!

SmellsLikeIan

So, what ever happened with this deal, buddy? Did you get anything out of the sorry loser?

And Stump, I really would like your spin on this. Your input would be extremely interesting, if not helpful to anyone else who gets into a situation like this.