Alex Van Halen:

Nicko McBrain (Iron Maiden):

Tico Torres (BonJovi):

Carmine Appice (Vanilla Fudge/Blue Murder/Jeff Beck/Ozzy):

Tommy Lee (Motley Crue):

caulkie

Animal":1qpjmyak said:
loop":1qpjmyak said:
How is it possible to play in that shoes? :)
Guess he was just lazy...

like me! I've played with far worse shoes than that! :shock:
Back in my 80's drumming days it was all about image back then, I too had cowboy boots and wore them whilst playing along with numerous studded belts and tassles etc.... Horrifies me to think that ther emight be some photos out there of me playing in all that gettup. Nowadays, t-shirt, shorts and a pair of trainers is all I wear, comfort!!! :lol:

pohbear

I had abunch of them pics, but my system did a major crash. Now I have none. But, I loved Tommy Lee's Setup. Or Rikki Rocketts. :(

quikstang2

Did everyone miss the first pic?

Metallica wasn't/isn't/hopefully never will be a "hair band". I mean, if you're going to throw Charlie Benante and Dave Lombardo in there as well just to be funny.

chris_stuff_er

quikstang2":3ql02a6j said:
Did everyone miss the first pic?

Metallica wasn't/isn't/hopefully never will be a "hair band". I mean, if you're going to throw Charlie Benante and Dave Lombardo in there as well just to be funny.

I realize Metallica was admittedly the anti-hair band, but come on...they all had long hair. They may not have used make up and hairspray, but THEY. ALL. HAD. LONG. HAIR. Do you remember the whole Unplugged episode with Alice in Chains (the final Layne Staley appearance)? Members of Metallica show up in the crowd to watch, what does Mike Inez have scrawled on his bass?

"Friends don't let friends get friends haircuts"

He knew then. We all know it now. It was the signifying moment of Metallica's irrelevance. It was upon the release of "Load." (as in 'load of crap')

Do we all need to re-enroll in the School of Rock?

FOR REAL!

Gaddabout

C'mon, man, just because the drummer had long hair didn't mean he was in a hair band. "Hair band" was derogatory for the dudes that dressed like chicks, teased their hair and stuff. If you looked in the audience and couldn't tell who was a dude and who was a chick, THAT was a a hair band concert! If the make up appeared more important to the band than music, THAT was a hair band! Basically, they all looked like this ...

and sounded like this...

chris_stuff_er

Who replaced Robert Trujillo in 'Black Label Society,' so that lil Robby could go replace (genius-for-leaving) Jason Newstead in Metallica? That's right Mike Inez. If AIC were good friends with Metallica, why, after the hiatus of AIC due to Staley, wouldn't Inez play bass? Because he, and Jason Newstead, knew what the deal was. Although, I'm not a Black Label Society fan, Inez made the right move. I will, however, say all of AIC made a wrong move doing the Reunion tour in 2006 after their friggin LEAD SINGER WAS DEAD.

Good G-d! Is that Scott Stapp and The Doors I smell? Whatever the stench, it is definitely of the leather musk type!

screamkevin

chris_stuff_er":pxy9pg69 said:
Who replaced Robert Trujillo in 'Black Label Society,' so that lil Robby could go replace (genius-for-leaving) Jason Newstead in Metallica? That's right Mike Inez. If AIC were good friends with Metallica, why, after the hiatus of AIC due to Staley, wouldn't Inez play bass? Because he, and Jason Newstead, knew what the deal was. Although, I'm not a Black Label Society fan, Inez made the right move.
But, what you forgot to include was that Inez was only in BLS for one tour. He was replaced by James Lomenzo (ex-White Lion, another "hair band") in late 2003. Lomenzo stayed with BLS until 2005, when he departed, and BLS hired John DeServio, the original BLS bass player. Lomenzo was with BLS during their biggest years (to date), playing on the monster album, "The Blessed Hellride", which had their biggest hit, "Stillborn". Lomenzo also played on the "Hangover Music, Vol 6" record, which had monster hits in "House Of Doom", and "Suicide Messiah".

I know this because I was in radio for 15 years, working at a rock station, until I was downsized out of a job last August.