65daysofstatic

TheYardstick

I don't like 65days, but Godspeed You! Black Emperor, God Is An Astronaut, and Mogwai are all awesome Post-Rock bands.

TheYardstick

My friend dislikes them because he thinks they (GYBE) take way too long to get going, I, however, love the atmospheric qualities to their music and find the long song lengths perfect for really getting into it.

Awesome stuff, especially Moya.

Potatoe Snack

TheYardstick":cz9zcv06 said:
My friend dislikes them because he thinks they (GYBE) take way too long to get going, I, however, love the atmospheric qualities to their music and find the long song lengths perfect for really getting into it.

Awesome stuff, especially Moya.
i have that same issue when listening to them. i absolutely love when the music starts kickin, even if its real slow. but about 20 minutes of each of thier songs are very atmospherical and ambient, but to an extreme. lots of white noise and the such.

i just got an album by a band called From Monuments to Masses that are this post-rock instrumental genre and i really really love it. im seeing them next month :D

TheYardstick

Well, I spent a period of about 6 months listening to nothing but Krautrock and Post-Rock, so I probably have a lot of patience XD

shine.fm-youth

oh moya is amazing,
i think listening to their stuff (and similar stuff) really really is an atmosphere thing
if i've got friends over or if we're at my friend dan's house (witch is usually everynight)
and say smoking hooka (not weed!)
i'll put GYBE on at the start of the an album
and it really really sets a mood for relaxing and just chilling

TheYardstick

Post-Rock is insanely awesome to listen to while driving, letting it just envelop you in your car is nothing short of amazing.

Rob Crisp

We're supporting 65 days in April, great band and absolutely immense live as well! Personal favourite is Radio Protector.