5.5x13 Vented and Acrylic Spaun snare?

anavrinIV

itll be better in heavier music. i love that snare to death but its not one to be tuned low. its high pitched and loud with an insane pop to it and a deafening crack. great snare.

CHIMPOaGOGO

anavrinIV":3pd9lu23 said:
itll be better in heavier music. i love that snare to death but its not one to be tuned low. its high pitched and loud with an insane pop to it and a deafening crack. great snare.
Yeah thats what i was hoping for

what sounds better on it, nylon or wood?

slingerland66

the dynamics to that snare are amazing. rim shots are crystal clear and hitting the center of the snare sound even brighter. I agree with the above statement... PLAY LOUD!!! meant in dynamics of forte. but can be played piano... and the ghost notes still sound great. you can crank the hell out of it or tone it down and itll CUT through any decibal of sound without having to compete with your bands amps.

Jaso

man that thing looks nice! Ive been thinking about getting that one. is it really as good as everyone says it is?

the rev

i got this snare for 150 dollars at guitar center on memorial day and im happy with it. its really loud!! its sound reminds me a lot of travis barker's snare