2nd Drum set Pacific LX?

Gretschman1

I was in my local Guitar Center the other day and saw a tangerine/red fade 5 piece one up two down shellpack they had priced down to 580 dollars. I'm really not in the market for another set but that seems like a steal for a maple shell kit. If it's a good deal I might pick it up tomorrow. (after I check it out, edges etc). What do you guys think about the price for this set?

Gretschman1

Well, I don't need it...but after chewing on the proposition for a week. It might be nice to have a 2nd kit. I'm playing a lot more these days than I thought I would be so. I would like to spread out the wear and tear a little bit and give myself a little variety.

Gretschman1

There are times when my one set needs to be in two places at the same time. So it seems that a second set is in order.

Assback

i know what u mean. I REALLY want a PDP LX myself for playing live. I got a Tama Starclassic right now, but sadly, everytime I take it out for gigs it gets a new ding or scratch. Id like to have a second set

Gretschman1

I'm actually going to do this thing, I think my wife believes I've gone drum nuts. I called them and told them to put it on hold and I would pick it up tomorrow. They told me that the LX line has been discontinued and they just want to get it out of the store.

Gretschman1

Well, guys I picked up my new LX set today, I ended up paying less than I thought. 449.00 out the door. The reason it was so cheap was that it had been out on the floor and the batter heads were dented up. (not a problem, going to change heads anyway).
There are a few small dings on the rack tom where the snare bumped up against it while it was on the floor. Likewise a small dent on the bass drum, not scratches, but dents. Anyway for 449.00 I guess I can't complain. I've got a second set all maple shells. 12"
14" 16" 22" shellpack No snare drum or hardware. Again for the price I paid, a reasonable deal. I'll hopefully have some pics soon. The finish is beautifully done (Tangerine to blood red fade), bearing edges done flawlessly. Great 2nd set. My band is off this weekend and we have a new bass player so we are practicing this Saturday and I can give it a try. :)