24" bass drum question

okjohne

Bought my first 24" kick. It's 18 x 24. 8 ply New England Rock Maple. Came with aquarrian Super Kick Batter and resonate. Trying to get a full open and boomy sound and I'm close but when I stroke hard it deads the boom quite a bit. I'm still working on it and any advice would be appreciated. I'm thinking getting the beater further off center might help AND MAYBE A BIGGER SOFTER BEATER? Some one told me to tighten the resonate head more to get more ring? What do ya say.

thanx

okjohne

No muffle except the ring on the super Kick batter head. I'd like to avoid using any muffles if possible.

I'll try tightening this evening. Thanx.

okjohne

Hi,

Have not tried to snug up the reso head yet. Just to busy with everthing to mess with my new drum. That's pathetic. Pretty quiet here at DML. What a shame. UGW wont let me join. tryin to find out why. Matt Smith thing me thinks but hard to say since Mr. Morgan (zendrummer) has not responded yet.

keep you oars in the water.

okjohne

Yes and that's a good point. Every now and then at sound check. During the last bit of rehersal when we've had a few beers and everyone is a drummer. Honestly though I've only heard a few real drummers play my drums and none on the 24" yet.

zen_drummer

okjohne":o6rf4opx said:
UGW wont let me join. tryin to find out why. Matt Smith thing me thinks but hard to say since Mr. Morgan (zendrummer) has not responded yet.
I've never declined your registration... All you have to do to join is sign up using a valid email address, and it sends you an email to click on and confirm... To stay, all you have to do is follow the pretty simple rules...

BTW, where did you try to contact me? I've never gotten any question about registering from you.

What do you have to do with Matt Smith, and why should it matter?

Zen