20x22 kick drums!

ViciousCircle5

Anyone own a 20x22 kick??? What are the perks of owning one? How does it impact your sound??
I am thinking having another custom drumkit built, and I am pondering what size kick to specify.

Also what size snare would you go with??? I already have a 13x5 maple vented snare. Its so loud though, and for some applications its just to peircing. What would y'all say is your idea of a good all purpose snare???

All feedback is appreciated.
-Tim

Shalaq

I think if you want an all purpose snare, the best size is what most of the drummers play- 14x5.5 or 14x6.5, if you want more body in the sound. Loud snare= snare that won't sound good in a jazz, fusion, latin music, because it has to blend easily with the rest of the kit.

Fudman

perks of a biger kick is the lower end sound. more power and thunder sounding. IDK about the 20x22 as mine is 22x22. It has a lot of power and sounds good, its also made of birch.

Jiyo

I have been using a 20x22 6 ply maple shell bass drum for over 15yrs, you get a great low end sound both live and in the studio, if you are looking for great low end sounding bass drum that's one way to go! Good Luck!

Aeternal

Jiyo":dzboflpe said:
I have been using a 20x22 6 ply maple shell bass drum for over 15yrs, you get a great low end sound both live and in the studio, if you are looking for great low end sounding bass drum that's one way to go! Good Luck!

same here, and I trigger them for a nice attack. Trigger+Natural kick= amazing

wolfsburg6674

i went from a 13x20 kick to a 20x22 and i love my new thunder...its a completely different sound compared to my very shallow bass so its a big difference to me but i dont know if its a big difference between maybe a 20x20 or a 22x22 or whatnot