2 dr

drum4life

what do you guys think of dubble drummer bands you guys think its to much clutter or it some how go's to gether like slipknot?

Timekeep69

I wouldn't consider Slipknot and double drummer band, they have a drummer and two percussionists. bands like .38 special, Adam and the Ants and The Greatful Dead had two drummers behind two kits. It seems kind of useless to me but then gain, ther timing would be dead on.

Shalaq

King Crimson had 2 drummers (double trio configuration) when they recorded the LP Thrak. They blow you away in seconds.

Rob the Drummer

I think it's kinda funny considering a lot of places that I play have those clear plastic drum condoms because one set is too loud. :D

sickstix

It's great as long as the two drummers compliment each other with their different styles. 2 drummers playing the same thing just to keep solid time is just plain useless. If 1 drummer doesn't keep good time, fire them. King Crimson is a perfect example of how awesome two drummers can sound when it's done with taste and originality. Bill Bruford and Pat mastelotto are incredible especially live.

Animal

The best band ever to use two drummers, is of course;

THE ALLMAN BROTHERS!

I was really surprsed no one's here mentioned them?

Butch Trucks and Jai Johanny Johanson "Jaimoe" did some great drumming, and they blended together real well. Listen to "at the Fillmore East", and you'll know what I mean.

I would also claim that Genesis (Phil Collins and Chester Thompson) made some incredible double drumming, during their heydays. Check out "Seconds Out"; Incredible. (P.S. Bill Bruford is second drummer too, on a couple of the tracks).

Don't like in slipknot cases,the kit drummer in that band is all they need, he's such a machine. Slipknot are just jealous of blue man group. There are good dual drummer (and by this I mean 2 drummers playing kit- not 1 on kit and the other on congas, hiting a cymbal or striking the chimes when they get bored) like:greatfull dead, genesis, Brian Irvine ensemble (tho in this case when one plays kit the other plays concert percussion which is the kit inclucing a bass drum in the air).,Latest Crimson tour. I think it's better 2 drummers as a drum duo and clinics, which I'm looking a northern irish based drummer for, if anyone is interested. Like Bozzio vs Wackerman and Rich vs Roach

Scott_Hurford

drum4life":bzg08k76 said:
what do you guys think of dubble drummer bands you guys think its to much clutter or it some how go's to gether like slipknot?
i honestly think those two percussionists in slipknot are a waste of time, you can hardly hear them playing, and anything they do Joey could do in a heartbeat, same goes for the slipknot clown, waste of time lol i think them 3 are just there for the look of the band :roll:

Eliminator

Don't like in slipknot cases,the kit drummer in that band is all they need, he's such a machine. Slipknot are just jealous of blue man group. There are good dual drummer (and by this I mean 2 drummers playing kit- not 1 on kit and the other on congas, hiting a cymbal or striking the chimes when they get bored) like:greatfull dead, genesis, Brian Irvine ensemble (tho in this case when one plays kit the other plays concert percussion which is the kit inclucing a bass drum in the air).,Latest Crimson tour. I think it's better 2 drummers as a drum duo and clinics, which I'm looking a northern irish based drummer for, if anyone is interested. Like Bozzio vs Wackerman and Rich vs Roach
wer in northern ireland u from man?

JasonS2C

Scott_Hurford":2o330zof said:
drum4life":2o330zof said:
i think them 3 are just there for the look of the band :roll:
I agree. I think Joey is a machine and the band puts on a great show, but with the 2 percussionists, AND a DJ, AND a sampler, and another 5 guys at some point its kinda like "wow.... how many people can we fit onstage". Every Slipknot show I've been to has appeared less like a metal concert and more like a hockey match with guitars...