1970? Red White and Blue Slingerland kit

SocKeT

I have been restoring these drums, i have the 20" bass drum, 13" and 14" rack toms and still looking for a floor tom. They are in good shape, does anyone know what they could be worth, i have a hard time finding others with this wrap

Airborne Ranger

My guess would be $400. That was a great era for Slingerland drums, they had just moved into the state-of-the-art factory in Niles, IL and were making great drums. They had just discontinued the Leedy line by then. That finish will be very hard to find because it wasn't that popular. Finding just a 16" floor tom alone in that color will be even tougher. I wouldn't rewrap them though. Slingerland was certainly more daring in their finishes than Ludwig and Gretsch. That set would have come with a Krupa Sound King chrome snare which sometimes can be found inexpensively. It would increase the value of the drums considerbly if they had a period-correct snare, even though the matching floor tom is missing. With a correct snare, they could be worth $700-800.

SocKeT

I have had a hard time finding a floor tom, i have only seen one kit before w/ the wrap, it was online and they were selling it as a whole. I actually have a snare that i got with them, i havnt figure out if its a slingerland, its metal with no badges but ive seen slingerland snares that look similiar.

Airborne Ranger

There are MANY Slingerland and Ludwig clones out there from that era that were inexpensive drums from Japan. If you have a pic, that would help to narrow it down. I have never seen a Slingerland drum without a badge (Gretsch was notorious for not badging some drums in a set, they'd badge the bass and snare but not the toms). Finding a floor tom alone in that color will be impossible and if you do by chance, it will probably be incredibly expensive. You could have a clone made by places like Precision Drum to complete your set. It won't be original but it will make the set playable and easier to sell. Don't rewrap them though whatever you decide, that finish is rare.