19" istanbul custom rock crash?

Shalaq

Are you talking about Istanbul Agop or Istanbul Mehmet? They're two distinct companies you know :)
I own an Agop 17 heavy crash and it's beautiful.

joshwaa

i'm talking about agop, because i live in england and that is the only brother who sells there at the moment.
and the alchemy series is an agop range.
i have the 18" alchemy sweet crash, and it is amazing.
i just want something with a little more depth and something i can ride on a little more.

Shalaq

Mehmet and Agop are not brothers. They had a company but after Agops death his sons created Istanbul Agop and Mehmet created Istanbul Mehmet.

I use Istanbul Alchemy cymbals exclusively, and have owned over 20 in my career. The Custom Rock Crash is the heaviest crash that Alchemy makes, and the 19" is a loud motha. If you are looking for something with more depth and that you can kind of ride on, I'd suggest a 19" or 20" Medium crash. I own both, and they are great crashes to ride on, but they also open up without having to absolutely smash it. Long live Alchemy!

Shalaq

What's great about this rock custom crash is that the bow of the cymbal is designed in a way that it produces a higher note than the weight and size would suggest. I had a 17" rock crash and 18" custom rock crash and the 18" sounded higher. That was great because I like to ride on a bigger crash.

l_e_i_g_h

Hmmm....interresting. Any other manufacturer that does this?

Shalaq":vgelfrze said:
What's great about this rock custom crash is that the bow of the cymbal is designed in a way that it produces a higher note than the weight and size would suggest. I had a 17" rock crash and 18" custom rock crash and the 18" sounded higher. That was great because I like to ride on a bigger crash.