18" Bass Drum

Jaki

I have 2 18inch kick drums ( same kit ) and they are stunningly sounding... diff heads give diff sounds... i recommend Evans, Hydraulics for metal

Brazilian Drummer

I got a 16 x 15 bass, I use a white emp. on the batter and ambasadors on the reso side.
it sounds awsome. for muffling I jsut put a small pillow that touches both heads, and teh tention is a medium tention .. nao too loose not to tight.

for a micking situation. if I have a head with a mike hole I put teh mic in front of the hole it my reso head is solid with no hole I put the mic in front of the bater head just like if I were miking a flor tom, but the mic is alwais on a stand , never atached to the drum itself

Mainiacdrummer

Jaki":jset23ov said:
I have 2 18inch kick drums ( same kit ) and they are stunningly sounding... diff heads give diff sounds... i recommend Evans, Hydraulics for metal

i have a 24in bass drum with hydruaoqwer0qcs on them and there really nice. i have them on all of the toms too but ehh there not too good on them

Shalaq

I want to convert my 18x16 floor tom to a kick drum in the future using the Pearl JG-16 converter. What you think will hold the drum better- The ISS or Optimounts?

zen_drummer

I've got a Gretsch kit with an 18" kick... it's a great bebop kit!

My son has a really sweet kit that was made by Buzz King, it's got an 18" maple kick, 10 and 12" toms and a 14" floor tom... sounds incredible! (He might be selling it if anybody is interested)

Jaki

i use 2 22 x 18i kick drums.. ( triggerd ) I just make sure the resonating head ( front ) has a crazy picture on and the attack head ( where the beaters hits ) a really nice really one.. Evans coasted, orrrrr the kick drum heads i've come across are the basic mapex vx heads that come with a mapex kit i think there better than anyother head i've used so far.. not sound wise but just to play.. you can drive a beater into it as hard as you want and . wow .. brb cream