16" A custom projection crash

meffajeffa

I am very close to buying an 16" Zildjian Custom A Projection Crash. I have played it at the store and love the sound of it. Im just wanting to see if anyone has this particular crash, and if so, how does it sound aged, and does it last a while?

meffajeffa

Pork Sword

I play the bass in another band and my drummer has both the 16 & the 18 inch crashes...he's had them for a while now & I personally like the sound of it...VERY bright though & cutting...they sound great & he's a pretty heavy hitter & they have not cracked on him yet...I think he's had them about 18 months now.

devilspain

yeah ive had the 16 a customfor a year now. tis a class cymbal prob the only zildjian ill ever buy!! as the guy above said very bright and durable. good luck on your decision i would go for it wont regret it.

lee

meffajeffa":2nre4yx1 said:
I am very close to buying an 16" Zildjian Custom A Projection Crash. I have played it at the store and love the sound of it. Im just wanting to see if anyone has this particular crash, and if so, how does it sound aged, and does it last a while?

meffajeffa
I had an 18" A custom projection crash and recently bought an 18" A custom crash when the projection one cracked, both are great cymbals. I'd suggest trying a selection out with a kit to see which sound you prefer. Either way, you won't be disappointed.

Jamell

18 A cus proj crash - Great cymbal, I perfer its sound when its played on for some time, but like dugdrummer said, cant go wrong with it!

Copelandesque

Jamell":9wkdw9qd said:
18 A cus proj crash - Great cymbal, I perfer its sound when its played on for some time, but like dugdrummer said, cant go wrong with it!
I agree!! ive got two of em! The A Custards Rock. Ive got the 19" a cust Med crash as well. beutifull.

Brian L

yeah, that was my first name brand cymbal. I like it. alittle to bright for me, but I still use it.

mapexdrummer

16'' projection crash is awesome but when recording it sounds like a splash so its not good for continuous crashes
other than that very durable

stillborne51

I HAVE A 16 AND 18 INCH A CUST. PROJ. CRASH ALONG WITH A 20 INCH A CUST MEDIUM CRASH AND THE SOUND FUCKEN GREAT! MY 16 IN JUST CRACKED, A 4 IN DEEP CRACK, BUT IT STILL SOUNDS GREAT REGARDING THAT IT IS CRACKED! THEY ARE GOOD CYMBALS... I LOVE ZILDJIAN! I USED TO HAVE 16 AND 18 INCH FAST CRASHES THAT WERE AMAZING BUT REPLACED THEM WITH THESE...I AM A REALLY HEAVY HITTER AND THESE HAVE LASTED EXCEPT THE 16 IN, I GET IT USED AND DONT KNOW HOW LING THE PREVIOUS OWNER HAD THEM! YOU WILL NOT REGRET GETTING THESE!

drumluv

'A' Customs are fantastic. What I am most impressed with is you can use them in all musical settings and they work. Considering the price you pay for good cymbals versatility must be the key. You never know where the next gig is coming from. I have had my current set of Customs - 16" & 18" Crashes & 20" Ride for about 10 years. They sing.

Guy&i

ive had 2 16" A customs
one was broken by a fat asshole that played my kit once
and the other was broken after i lend it to my cousin.
pesonally, i dont think they would break that easily. i had them while i was more of a heavy hitter...
just didnt have any luck with them i geuss.
the 1st one i had was aged about 12 years when i got it and the 2nd one was brand new. as i recall they sounded more or less the same but i liked the aged one better.
overall, their sound i amazing! bright and warm, great explosive sound.
non of them were projection crashes tho but i played an 18" A projection and it sounded alike, ever brighter than the regular A.

i say go for it u will have fun for sure :)
just dont lend it to anyone ;)

michiganice91

Copelandesque":xnynwnkn said:
Jamell":xnynwnkn said:
I agree!! ive got two of em! The A Custards Rock.
a cymbal made of custard?? Mmmmmm yummy :p

drumur

I never tried the projection A customs...I imagine they are a little heavier for louder higher pitch of a rock crash.
I have a 16",18" A custom crash. Also, I have a 12" splash and 13" Mastersound A custom Hi Hats.
These cymbals sound and feel great.

drummerjeff88

I bought the 18" used, and it's amazing. I've had it for a few years now, plus however long it was owned by it's previous owner, and it's never cracked, and shows very little sign of wear. You can hit it hard and it just takes the beating. Plus it sounds great. It can be very loud and cut through as designed, but it has a very nice sound whatever volume you play it at.