15" hi-hats

kenny.drummer

Hi Drummers :)

I'm looking around for some new Hi-Hats, and I was thinking about some 15" New Beat Hi-Hats. First of all, I think my choice for the New Beats is good, because they're extremely versatile, and that's what I need them to be.

My question in the 15". Anybody have any experience with 15" cymbals? I like my hi-hats to have lots of "Pssssssssssshhhhhhhh." Like that half-open wash that lasts forever. I use this wash as a solid foundation in most of the music I play. And with the extra inch, they'll be louder, which is always a plus.

Anyway, anybody have any experience? Are they hard to control? Are they too loud? Are they perfect in every way? Any feedback appreciated.

kenny

mattkinel

instead of the newbeats, i like the sweet hats. theyre only avaliable in 15 and have a differnt sound than the over-recorded newbeats. there dark, sloshy and sizzle amazingly. there stick definition is amazing, but there not that loud compared with my 15 paiste 2002's

I LOVE MINE! i just got set of of them a week ago extremlly vestatile i use it mostlly for tribal/industrial shit i do i get the sound i want out of thoes hats i stepped out of Zidjian for about 2 years moved to sabian then moved back in mid 06 and im happy as hell with all my new Zildjian's. I wish Zildjian would make a set of 15" quickbeats unless they already do?you guys know?

DrumHead15

I have a set of 15" Paiste 2002 Sound Edge. They are very musical. Great wash and chick sound. I also love my Rude 13" sound edge as well.

Adonis2121

I have a set of 15" New Beats, I play them with the bottom on top and top on the bottom. It gives me a bit more clarity due to the heavier bottom.

Scott_Hurford

what about the 14 0r 15" Quick Beat Hi-Hats? what are your thoughts on these? i've never had the chance to play them

Parrenze

14" A Custom Z Combo Hi Hats. I love the way they take the Z Dyno beat n A Custom sounds together. Buyin thm soon:D took me a while to find somewhere to buy them though. Thought bout Z 14" Mastersound, 14" A Custom Mastersound or Z 13" or 14" Dyno beats as well. But in the end, I liked the combo of the two.

dammow

i have a set of 14" new beats and the only thing i would swap them for is a set of 15s!! they are awsome cymbals. ive never been dissapointed with them.

ps. btw, im pretty sure zildjian dont make 15" quick beats. not in uk anyway!!

Rem

ive seen 16" hi hats from the 60s, they had holes cut in the bottom hat, i think to let alot of air out.

15" ones are good, proper old school, Bonham and Mitch Mitchell used them

mmmmm

mrgreenjeans2234

i use to own a pair of 15" hihats and loved but that was in my heavy metal days were i would just crash them and not really use them as a hihat haha. but i used them in the studio and man when they came out in the recording it was perfect it basicly sounded like another crash haha.

SmellsLikeIan

ROCKET SHELLS SKETCH":vshjefj8 said:
I LOVE MINE! i just got set of of them a week ago extremlly vestatile i use it mostlly for tribal/industrial shit i do i get the sound i want out of thoes hats i stepped out of Zidjian for about 2 years moved to sabian then moved back in mid 06 and im happy as hell with all my new Zildjian's. I wish Zildjian would make a set of 15" quickbeats unless they already do?you guys know?
Yeah I have the 15" quickbeats. Flat bottom hat with 4 holes in it. I freaking LOVE them. Not sure if they still make them, mine are probably 20 years old. And if you want 'em, you'll have to pry them from my cold dead hands!