Band that came across Live ,as Powerful a machine as Zeppli

Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Ludwig, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Funky1
new
new

Post Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:09 am

I Believe there where a Few other Bands that where able to bring it and also control the vibe of the room(venue) with the drummer sitting in the captains chair.Is there anyone with a Big Stick thats willing to name one or a few if any? :idea:
Nowell E.Haskins
aka
SonOfSound
Dale
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:40 am

Funky1 wrote:I Believe there where a Few other Bands that where able to bring it and also control the vibe of the room(venue) with the drummer sitting in the captains chair.Is there anyone with a Big Stick thats willing to name one or a few if any? :idea:

I'm not really sure what you mean. I was lucky enough to see Louis Bellson power a big band. I was impressed by the sheer command he had over that orchestra. Louis was in charge. No doubt about that. I wish I'd had the chance to see Buddy Rich live.

I hope this answers your question.
I don't know what I'm talking about!

"Don't play FOR people. Play WITH people."
- Papa Jo Jones
Pork Sword
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:31 am

I echo that about Bellison as well.

I've seen Dennis Chambers play with Santana before Carlos went "uber pop"...and that too was awe inspiring. I am sure Keith Moon had a similar command of an audience too. Although, I get what you mean about Zepplin..not my favorite band by any stretch of the word....but they did have an energy that few other bands possessed. I would think Jimi Hendrix also had the same vibe too...as most Guitar gods bow in reverence to Jimi's presence!!!

Just listen to Band of Gypsys...you'll hear it there as well.
"as your attorney, I advise you to drive at top speed & it'll be a goddamn miracle if we can get there before you turn into a wild animal!!....30 minutes, it was going to be very close."
razor_chris
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:32 am

Im not sure of what ur talking about.....but if it is what i think it is...I would say the mars volta with jon theodore...being John Bonham a big influence in his playing...Theodore actually pays tribute to his drumkit as well with similar setup, and when u hear him play u hear his influence...also I think mars volta is one of the most energetic bands when it comes to live performances.....one thing I wanna point out is that Theodore is not copying Bonham...all the opposte he used his influence to find his own style and u can notice that when u hear him.