What is your favorite drum company?

Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Ludwig, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

What is your favorite drum manufacturer?

Mapex
13%
Pearl
12%
Tama
15%
Ludwig
5%
Taye
1%
Yamaha
10%
Drum Workshop (dw) or Pacific
16%
Sonor
4%
Gretch
7%
other (add what I left out in your post)
18%

Total votes: 165
Carter
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:55 am

Silzildrummer wrote:I love the kits DW makes.

me too 8)
Tama drums!
caulkie
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:53 am

My first kit was a make up of some obscure 60's kit with a gretsh power tom for added power :shock:

Then I got a premier beginners kit, traded that in for a Ludwig 5-pc pro kit that sounded the nuts, added a bass drum as I was in a rock band at the time.

Traded that for a Pearl ELX fusion kit, now on my second and I've always wanted a Yamaha kit and have just put a deposit down on a Yamaha shell kit, Custom Advantage in steel blue, pics to follow.

I really like the ELX I have at the moment, and my wife stunned me by saying "Keep both Darling, you know you want to" What a top babe am I married to? :lol: 8)
Nothing is foolproof to a suffciently talented fool
loop
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:48 pm

caulkie wrote: "Keep both Darling, you know you want to" What a top babe am I married to? :lol: 8)

:shock: respect :shock:

You're a lucky guy
dim my eyes if they should compromise
waterbrokenvoice
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:13 pm

Truth or Shine Drums
I love them
Last edited by waterbrokenvoice on Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sang_shooor
new
new

Post Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:38 pm

i have mapEx m series(fusion) :D in iran thats price 750$ !!! but i like to own !!dw set
Who are you to wave your finger?
dugdrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:35 pm

i'm on my 2 set of yamaha stage customs..cheap as they may be..they sure don't sound cheap!!!

if i had my choice..yamaha maple customs...kudos greg!!!!!

wouldn't mind a set of dw's...their finishes are simply amazing!!!
drummer for HEY YOU a tribute t pink floyd!

hug it out bitch!
in regards to myself
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:08 pm

i agree with bunny bunny orange county drums and percussion but i have to add one more truth drums
I saw Jesus on the beach
Rob the Drummer
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:01 pm

I love my DW's. Although Pearl is my first love. The DW's just have that sound and resonance that I like. The drums have a lot of great features and are also very good with customer support.
Rata-tata-zzzzzzz......Drums Always!

www.youtube.com/robthedrummer
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:49 am

i only have tama swingstars but i love just about everything ive heard from tama, especially the starclassic performers and starclassic bubingas. i recently fell in love with the pearl reference series drums and ive long been in awe of the yamaha birch custom absolutes. i really dont care much for keller maple shells (pork pie, ocdp, truth, spaun, medicine man, conaway, etc...) unless its a snare or bass but i do love birch to death. i cant vote for one company in this.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
GMSKILLDRUMZ
new
new

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:01 pm

I would have to say GMS, they really are great drums, the sound and quality of these drums are amazing, I was a DW fan until I bought my GMS kit.
NWCrusher
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:01 pm

I use primarily Mapex, but if I had my choice, it would probably be Noble Cooley 8)
Animal
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:17 am

Yamaha Recording Series 9000's, goddamnit! 8)
Best drums ever made. :D
ImageImageImage
Chirs-Ska-Drummer
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:57 am

bunnybunny wrote:ocdp

why?
they use the same shells and skins and edges as every other custom company, but they take 3 times longer to make it and it cost 3 times more. and all ur really paying for is a name. im not saying ur wrong. but this is just what i see. so i dont really understand ur pick.
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:03 pm

Chirs-Ska-Drummer wrote:

why?
they use the same shells and skins and edges as every other custom company, but they take 3 times longer to make it and it cost 3 times more. and all ur really paying for is a name. im not saying ur wrong. but this is just what i see. so i dont really understand ur pick.

i wholeheartedly agree with you. you can get a set just as good if not better than an ocdp set from a smaller brand like conaway, epiarch, or phattie for much less, and theres tons of little personal companies that you can find over at the ghostnote forums where guys can do just as much as oc for much less. ocdp is my least favorite drum brand and i compared some prices and this is what i found...

a 6" ocdp high gloss lacquer tom costs more than an 18" epiarch high gloss lacquer tom. same shell. same finish. better lugs on the eipiarch. same edge. less wait. more personal approach with epiarch.

for these reasons, i hate ocdp. unless theyre giving me whatever i want and paying me to play it, i wont use anything of theirs.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
Chirs-Ska-Drummer
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:52 pm

anavrinIV wrote:
Chirs-Ska-Drummer wrote:

why?

i wholeheartedly agree with you. you can get a set just as good if not better than an ocdp set from a smaller brand like conaway, epiarch, or phattie for much less, and theres tons of little personal companies that you can find over at the ghostnote forums where guys can do just as much as oc for much less. ocdp is my least favorite drum brand and i compared some prices and this is what i found...

a 6" ocdp high gloss lacquer tom costs more than an 18" epiarch high gloss lacquer tom. same shell. same finish. better lugs on the eipiarch. same edge. less wait. more personal approach with epiarch.

for these reasons, i hate ocdp. unless theyre giving me whatever i want and paying me to play it, i wont use anything of theirs.

ya i went with Defoe Drums. very nice ppl very fast and they cared so much about my ideas and what i thought. i love 'em. super sweet kits and they can do just as much as ocdp. they even endorsed me witch ocdp wouldnt eevn think of. i like the prople that think about smaller drum companies and smaller drum companies that think about the people.