Great songs ruined by inappropriate drumming

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

drummingpraetor
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:48 am

What songs do you think were ruined by inappropriate drumming?

I can't think of one particular song at this very moment, but I would start of by mentionning Pearl Jam's "No Code" and "Yield" albums. I'd love to hear those albums recorded with any of PJ's drummers instead of Jack Irons.
tamadrummer321
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:43 pm

ya i agree with you, i also think all the songs except "Some kind of Monster" on metallica's St. Anger album were ruined. I mean i found alot of the songs like "Frantic" disturbing
The Alien Drummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:33 am

How about "aweful songs made more aweful by aweful drumming." Then my vote would be the white stripes. Followed by early Hanson. Ughhh
http://www.myspace.com/thealiendrummer

Starclassic Birch -- Mapex Pro- M Rock -- Ludwig Rocker -- Roland SPD-S -- Pearl ICON Rack -- Zildjian, Sabian, Paiste, Saluda & Wuhon Cymbals -- Yamaha PTX8
Brazilian Drummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:38 am

The Alien Drummer wrote:How about "aweful songs made more aweful by aweful drumming." Then my vote would be the white stripes. Followed by early Hanson. Ughhh

lol
yeah....
Jonboid
new
new

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:45 am

haha.. i'm not a guy for criticising anyone! so i can't really say.

But ya know what i adore.. Those 80's stadium rock drums!!
Just makes ya put your fist in the air and shout " YES!!!!! "

great stuff there!

=]
Trash
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:57 am

Songs ruined by inappropriate drumming?

Simple.

Anything I have ever played on.

Grumprist
pablo
new
new

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:16 pm

How about "aweful songs made more aweful by aweful drumming." Then my vote would be the white stripes. Followed by early Hanson. Ughhh

What?....The drummer on early Hanson records Abe Laboriel Jnr..........
SkinsWood&Metal
new
new

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:26 pm

How can any drummer be judge and jury to a drumming peer's personal expression?

They played it that way for a passionate reason which makes the body of work induvidually special.

If we all as drummers start laying down tracks according to what we think other drummers wan't to hear & not convey what we are truley trying to express then there won't be any great music for everyone to enjoy & we would all sound the same, how boring would life as a drummer be then?

Think about it before you reply.
Mad love to all you non-conforming drummers out there!!

Brian
masonvonritchie
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:29 pm

the entire "st. anger" album. Mainly the sound of the drums was what I didn't like. i dont really like Lars' drumming to begin with. But I cringed when I heard st anger
WANTED: Tama Starclassic B/B!

Pacific CX Series kit
Pork Pie Little Squealer 13x7
Zildjian A Customs, Z custom
Wuhan China
DW5002AD
usmdrummer
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:10 pm

St. Anger gets my vote. The sound was horrible.
Scott_Hurford
session drummer
session drummer

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:11 pm

+1 :)
Tama/Zildjian/Remo/Vater
www.myspace.com/scotthurford
downshifter99
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:50 pm

I think drummers put what they think(at the time)is good...I don't like to judge too often...but,I personally don't like anything(drum wise)from AC/DC.Every song sounds the same....to me that is boring.

Someone out there is saying some smack about my playing...but,it all goes back to line A(see above). :shock:
Taye:Rock Pro Classic Rock 5 Piece
Sabian:Cymbals
Tama & Pearl:Hardware
Evans:Drum heads
Vader:Fat Back 3A Sticks & Slick-Nuts
masonvonritchie
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:02 am

downshifter99 wrote:I think drummers put what they think(at the time)is good...I don't like to judge too often...but,I personally don't like anything(drum wise)from AC/DC.Every song sounds the same....to me that is boring.

Someone out there is saying some smack about my playing...but,it all goes back to line A(see above). :shock:

I'll agree about ACDC. But the drummer's style is the only style that would fit with their type of music. Imagine another drummer with them that played a lot of technical beats and polyrythms with their songs. That would be a nightmare to say the least. But a lot of their songs do sound the same, probably because the guitar parts are all major chords with no variation. But, I was never an ACDC fan to begin with so I'm a little bias toward them.
WANTED: Tama Starclassic B/B!

Pacific CX Series kit
Pork Pie Little Squealer 13x7
Zildjian A Customs, Z custom
Wuhan China
DW5002AD
Avedis
new
new

Post Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:58 am

masonvonritchie wrote:the entire "st. anger" album. Mainly the sound of the drums was what I didn't like. i dont really like Lars' drumming to begin with. But I cringed when I heard st anger

I thought St. Anger was like Lars' "Load", you know. It was the album he got to fuck around and experiment with different tones and sounds, and Load was pretty cool, too...

I love the trashy, punk rock sound the St. Anger has, it's beautiful!
-Avedis
downshifter99
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:07 am

masonvonritchie wrote:
downshifter99 wrote:I think drummers put what they think(at the time)is good...I don't like to judge too often...but,I personally don't like anything(drum wise)from AC/DC.Every song sounds the same....to me that is boring.

I'll agree about ACDC. But the drummer's style is the only style that would fit with their type of music. Imagine another drummer with them that played a lot of technical beats and polyrythms with their songs. That would be a nightmare to say the least. But a lot of their songs do sound the same, probably because the guitar parts are all major chords with no variation. But, I was never an ACDC fan to begin with so I'm a little bias toward them.

I agree,I believe that he(drummer)did put what was called for the tunes.I just don't dig it....it's good and all but,not my cup of tea.
Taye:Rock Pro Classic Rock 5 Piece
Sabian:Cymbals
Tama & Pearl:Hardware
Evans:Drum heads
Vader:Fat Back 3A Sticks & Slick-Nuts