Evans drumheads, toms? bass? snare?

Aquarian, Evans, Remo etc. All about drumheads.

Moderator: Moderators

tamadrummer321
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:22 pm

Hi!!! Since christmass is comming soon i'd like to get all new drumheads for my Tama set. I would prefer to get evans.

Toms- i didnt know whether to get G2's with G1's on bottom or Ec2's with G1's on the bottom. I want like a deeper warm sound.

Bass- I dont know whether to get Eq3 or Emad. I really like the emad but never heard Eq3.

Snare- I have no clue!!! I want like a nice crack with not alot of snare!!!

Thanks ALOT!!!!!!!
TamaSwngstr121
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:34 pm

well corey...with you being my best friend, i would suggest you go with the Tama stock drum heads...jk but this is what i think im gonna go with....

Heads- Evans

Bass- EQ3
Toms- G2 Clear
Snare- Reverse Powerdot
drummert2k

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:44 pm

tamadrummer321 wrote:Hi!!! Since christmass is comming soon i'd like to get all new drumheads for my Tama set. I would prefer to get evans.

Toms- i didnt know whether to get G2's with G1's on bottom or Ec2's with G1's on the bottom. I want like a deeper warm sound.

Bass- I dont know whether to get Eq3 or Emad. I really like the emad but never heard Eq3.

Snare- I have no clue!!! I want like a nice crack with not alot of snare!!!

Thanks ALOT!!!!!!!

toms- EC2's on top and G1's on bottom

bass- Eq3 sounds killer mic'd up but ya might wanna check out Remo's Powersonic heads. they're pretty new and have quite a thump

snare- evans makes a snare head in the EC series with a reverse dot (EC Snare) or just a coated EC series (EC2 Coated) if you have a full size snare the EC2 would be kicking but if you're usuing a piccolo you're gonna want a little thinner coated head. other good snare heads are Remo coated ambassador (for piccolo) or coated emorer(for full size snares. Remo emporer x has a lot of attact on piccolo or full sixe snares. Evans coated G1 (for piccolo) or Coated G2 (for full size snares) or Aquarian High Energy head
FunkyDrummer
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:48 pm

my suggestion would be:

bass: EMAD/Eq3
toms: G2/G1
snare: G1(or power dot)/hazy300
be funky!