Who do you like between these two

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

The MP
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:22 pm

My personal fav is thomas lang and my other is neil pert and im also bored and i just like reading peoples point of views, who do u like better?

*sorry, had to edit this you a "who do you like better post." we try to stay away from the "who or whats better" here.
Pearl,Sabian,promark...cant go wrong with that.
stump

Post Mon May 28, 2007 6:57 pm

It's a matter of opinion but Neil Peart is my all time favorite!
It's so important to make best friends in life!

Tama,PDP and Medicine Man Drums, Zildjian, Remo, Roc-n-Soc, DW and Pro-mark.

drumsforlife
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon May 28, 2007 8:57 pm

I'm going with "The Professor" on this one. Neil Peart that is...

I'm part of the brotherhood of like-minded individuals who like to bang on things.
drummert2k

Post Mon May 28, 2007 9:22 pm

i know neil is a legend and innovator in his art, but im a huge fan of lang. he's like a machine behind the kit and a great over all musician. i have much respect for peart though. i just like lang's drumming better.
drumsforlife
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon May 28, 2007 9:32 pm

drummert2k wrote:i know neil is a legend and innovator in his art, but im a huge fan of lang. he's like a machine behind the kit and a great over all musician. i have much respect for peart though. i just like lang's drumming better.

Perhaps a better question would have been, "Which drummer do you like to watch?" Or "Which drummer would you like to play like?"

Because I really like watching Peart, but would like to be as good a player as Lang...

I'm part of the brotherhood of like-minded individuals who like to bang on things.
john_bonham73
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon May 28, 2007 10:00 pm

I'll roll with this thread because I love and respect the work of both of these drummers.But how about a new name in the mix of who is better....Portnoy vs. Carey vs. Lang vs. Peart ?? Check out Jon Theodore of Mars Volta
loosesticks
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:01 am

hands down neil is my favorite
46&2
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:04 pm

theres no doubt danny carey is more musical and better than mike portnoy...neil against lang tho is tough...skill wise and showmanship its prolly lang....but neil is more musical..influential and creative
nate
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:10 pm

well neil does have the drum solo of life behind him...but lang is very unique. but im a fan of both.
I love you.
Howepirate

Post Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:24 pm

Lang's a showboater. And his stuff isnt that hard.
progressiveman
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:21 am

I personaly like Neil and Portnoy... but I respect Danny and lang as well.
Airborne Ranger
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:29 am

I'd easily say I like Peart much better. Lang's playing seems way too stiff to me. Yes, he can play intricate things and play very fast but there is no groove or feeling to his playing. It comes across to me as boring, just a blaze of single strokes and fast footwork, but no LIFE. I'd MUCH rather listen to Charlie Watts play a simple solid groove than the 250bpm 4-way coordination stuff that Lang does. Peart has the ability to play complex things but has much more feeling than Lang and doesn't always feel he has to amaze us with his speed.