What do you tell when you come home with new cymbals?

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

soliddrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:02 am

I just saved a bucket load by getting a friend to bring some A Custom's over from Canada. They get here in a week!

Generally folks don't understand justifying spending that kind of money on metal....and wonder where all my money goes....

Ahh, but it's SO worth it playing the best cymbals! (Well, other than high-end Paiste's)
Skill tempered with relevance and simplicity.
Dale
session drummer
session drummer

Post Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:31 am

Yesterday I bought a lovely Meinl Byzance 20" heavy ride, brand new for just $280.00!!!

The guy in the shop told me that nobody seems to want Meinl. All they care about is the Big Three. As far as I could tell, the Meinl was just as good as those of the BT only hundreds of dollars cheaper. He's still got some Byzance crash cymbals and they are going for a song. I might grab them next week. I tend not to buy crash cymbals, preferring cymbals that can be ridden and crashed. The crashability of that heavy ride is supperb. I'm very impressed.
I don't know what I'm talking about!

"Don't play FOR people. Play WITH people."
- Papa Jo Jones
stump

Post Sun May 20, 2007 11:24 am

I don't have to ask. When I need a new cymbal I get it. My wife and I both work and make enough money to where I don't have to ask. It also helps that she is VERY supportive when it comes to the band and doing what I love. Hell...she bought me a Harley Davidson, why would she bitch about a cymbal? Peace!
It's so important to make best friends in life!

Tama,PDP and Medicine Man Drums, Zildjian, Remo, Roc-n-Soc, DW and Pro-mark.

vahnn
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon May 21, 2007 5:45 am

I get home and make sure my entire kit is tuned up the way i like it, and i play a favorite groove or song with everything as it is.

then i throw in the new cymbals.

it's like a ritual for me.
drumschick07
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon May 21, 2007 5:50 am

Unfortunately I'm the one of those people that have to hide it...

Seems like everytime I buy something new I hear "Why are you spending your money? you know you're going to college this fall"

My dad doesn't mind really, but my mom asks questions. I just lie and say it was 20-30 dollars cheaper. OR I use the "I traded my other ones in" lol.

They always ask why I need more...I don't really know lol
FrKn LoUd