new
new

Post Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:14 pm

if im by myself then about 2 hours but when im jammin with friends about 1
metaldrummer
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:07 pm

for me close to 2-3 months. Well currently a pair of Pro Mark sticks haven't broke because I am playing on a practice electric kit since I live in an apartment. But when I played on a real set, about 2-3 months. 4 if I was lucky
Favorite Drummer: Jason Bittner

Currently in a band. Starting after High School
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:46 pm

seandude wrote:i hurd a guy broke his sticks counting off a song!

ive seen a guy do that. i saw the same guy break 2 sticks in one night on an electric set.

i can get anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 months out of a pair of sticks before i have to quit using them, either because they break, the tips wear down, or theyre too lifeless. my current sticks of choice are promark oak 5as and theyre doing me pretty well, the promark neil peart 747s have lasted me up to 6 months before. i broke a pair of zildjians in a couple days and have never had the urge to try them again. i just got some ahead sticks that i need to exchange for a smaller size but im eager to play with them.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
Jaki
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:35 am

maybe no 1 here likes playing drums using carbonized sticks... but I;ve the same pair since last year....... i play drums for 2 bands... thrash and extreme death metal band.... so u can really imagine the type of punishment they go through.
Pure Deaththrash
l_e_i_g_h
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:02 pm

Here's a stick I have had for at least 10 years. :D The Stamp is still there because I applied clear nail polish to prevent the brand from fading. (yes I know!! weird practice!! hahaha)

I placed it to semi-retirement a couple of months ago. (Meaning practice pads only.) Despite it's age...it still produces a mean rim-click sound.

I couldn't say I have broken any sticks yet, just because when my sticks start to go I stop using them...so they end up getting lost...or get picked up by someone around the house. :D
It's "Lei" not "Lee"
AMTJake
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:56 pm

I've been using Vater 5A nylon for a while and they've held up great. Around a month depending on how many gigs I play. I'd like to switch to carbon fiber sticks...but they're feel too light for me.
REVEREND_HUDSON
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:19 am

I use nylon tipped sticks because I like the ping better on a ride. I tend to lean toward a smaller stick as well. Still large enough to bounce a bit but small to move quickly. That being said, I tend to saw up a pair of sticks into dust or simply just splinter them in no more than 2 weeks.....
thedrummerguy2008
new
new

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:28 am

I use ahead sticks and im a VERY heavy hitter so id say they last me about a year as long as i replace the covers about once a month
Check out my band Shade of Hate on myspace
downshifter99
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:37 am

I now use Vader Fat Backs(great stick :!:

I'll get about 4 practices out of them,I'm a heavy hitter,Massive rim-shots...but,I will go to a new set before a show.

In the past I used Ahed sticks and I even broke a pair of those !:shock:
Taye:Rock Pro Classic Rock 5 Piece
Sabian:Cymbals
Tama & Pearl:Hardware
Evans:Drum heads
Vader:Fat Back 3A Sticks & Slick-Nuts
zaktothefuture
new
new

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:43 am

since i hit harder than your average drummer, i would say i break a stick once every 30-45 minutes of playing during practice or a gig . i don't think its a technique issue, its just the fact that when i play with my band, the music somewhat requires the drums to be really present, so hitting hard is necessary. even when using something as thick as a 2B wont last me more than an hour.
endorsed by pork pie drums
zildjian cymbals
vic firth sticks
dw hardware
www.myspace.com/all_hail_zak
www.myspace.com/orange
www.orange-band.com
www.hell-cat.com
www.epitaph.com
zaktothefuture
new
new

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:43 am

since i hit harder than your average drummer, i would say i break a stick once every 30-45 minutes of playing during practice or a gig . i don't think its a technique issue, its just the fact that when i play with my band, the music somewhat requires the drums to be really present, so hitting hard is necessary. even when using something as thick as a 2B wont last me more than an hour.
endorsed by pork pie drums
zildjian cymbals
vic firth sticks
dw hardware
www.myspace.com/all_hail_zak
www.myspace.com/orange
www.orange-band.com
www.hell-cat.com
www.epitaph.com
ROCKET SHELLS SKETCH
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:52 am

about 1 song! or close to 3 mins
MAPEX DRUMS/Tama Drums/PEARL HARDWARE

EVANS/ATTACK DRUM HEADS

ALESIS,DDRUM,

ZILDJIAN/ISTANBUL CYMBALS

VATER PERCUSSION
PaulZILLA
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:06 am

well a pair of off brand sticks. ya know the ones in the 4.99/pair bucket at rinky dink stores. they usualy last me 3-4 months. a pair of good sticks. like my Vic Firth 5B Extreme with nylon tips. th ey usualy last me 5-8 months. i general dont play with them past the 6 month marker t hough for risk of breaking one mid song. so i use those in a seperate stick bag and throw them to the crowd. but i had a pair last me right at almost 8 months.then again i have a pair of Ahead Tommy Lee signature sticks(original model) that have been through 5 owners of different caliber/skill/hard hitting(im not hard hitting. but i dont give em a peck either haha) and are 3-4 years old. just need new sleeves.
Get KRUNK...Its A Death Metal Thing.
youknowitssick
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:11 am

i go through a pair almost everyday. they last me two if im lucky.
stidger
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:15 am

i use Vater sticks and they last around 5 - 6 months as an average

usually use wood tip "steve white hitmakers" 5A`s

i use stick wrap as well but its usually the shaft that snaps on me about 2 inches from the tip

Found Vaters to be the longest lasting sticks for me