Drumheads

Aquarian, Evans, Remo etc. All about drumheads.

Moderator: Moderators

themoo2112
new
new

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:05 pm

So I'm getting my bonus from work soon and I'm defiantly buying new heads because it is time.

I have a Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage kit and I have Remo Pinstripes on them now with the stock factory heads as resonants.

Anyone else out there that have this kit (or any Yamaha) that have found a good batter/resonant combination? I want something for mainly live and some recording.

Any suggestions are helpful!
www.myspace.com/glasslineband
"If you want something done right....just forget it."
mapexdrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:53 pm

try sum evans g2's for the batter n g1's for resonants on the toms...snare try the evans rock af (armid fiber) with the snare side being the evans hazy 300...it'll sound nice....but u dont have to listen to me :] cuz ive played on a stage custom with those heads...heh...BEAUTIFUL!!
lets drum fast and sexy :]
Will
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:14 am

Definatley G2s

But!!

The Stage Custom Advantage kept detuning itself, it's a pain in the ass kit
themoo2112
new
new

Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:59 pm

I have never had a problem with them detuning themselves. I thought that they have stayed in tune very well. I've had them for about 2 years now. Right now I have Remo Pinstripe on there and I've also had the Evans G2, never had a problem.
www.myspace.com/glasslineband
"If you want something done right....just forget it."
Will
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:36 am

The lugs are horrible and fiddly, also it doesnt help that its a college kit but it is pretty much brand new so theres no real excuse for it to de-tune.
tamadrummer321
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:14 pm

Hi!!! Since christmass is comming soon i'd like to get all new drumheads for my Tama set. I would prefer to get evans.

Toms- i didnt know whether to get G2's with G1's on bottom or Ec2's with G1's on the bottom. I want like a deeper warm sound.

Bass- I dont know whether to get Eq3 or Emad. I really like the emad but never heard Eq3.

Snare- I have no clue!!! I want like a nice crack with not alot of snare!!!

Thanks ALOT!!!!!!!