Most unique/awesome cymbal you own?

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

juNgle beatZ
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:42 pm

I've just bought a Paiste mega cup chime 13" I;ve never heard anything like it before and I simply love it :)
I think it is the most unique cymbal I've ever heard or played... what's yours?
revese eNgineeRinG
Shalaq
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:00 pm

I don't really have unique cymbals. Maybe the 14 Meinl Filter china with holes in it could count. And maybe my signature(lol) 10 bell made from a cracked pearl 18 crash/ride ;)
Mapex, Istanbul Agop, Attack, Vater/O4D.
I want an endorsement :)
Quick link to the search engine:
http://www.drumsmylife.com/search.php
The Drummist
new
new

Post Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:36 pm

I bought lots of very, very cheap , old Zyn and Krut cymbals of ebay, and then abused them with hammers, and files and the like, Mental.
Pork Sword
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:54 am

I have a Zildjian Remix ride that's got a very cool sound to it...I heard some of the EFX cymbals they make too...some were very unique...And does any remember the Sabian counter parts that were made?? They had a set of hi-hats that had a mini china as the bottom cymbal that sounded hot for drum & bass type stuff...

That and Sabian made a Will Calhoun signature cymbal called the Alien Disc that sounded pretty cool....Outside of that I use 3 circular saw blades that sound interesting...although they CRUSH drum sticks pretty bad :(
"as your attorney, I advise you to drive at top speed & it'll be a goddamn miracle if we can get there before you turn into a wild animal!!....30 minutes, it was going to be very close."
sharkscott
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:14 am

Good question,

Hmm, I guess I don't really own any custom cymbals but I think that my 18' Novo China is pretty interesting. It sounds like no other china I have ever heard. I love it one minute and can't stand it the next. Its the only cymbal I own that I feel this way about though. The rest I am in love with..

This is what I am lusting after though..

http://www.paiste.com/products/cymbals/ ... ide_lg.jpg
The only difference between Genius and Stupidity is, that Genius has its limits.
Bigd11
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:41 am

ive got a zildjian china that was my dads, its so old its from when they didnt even make ranges, its known as just a Zildjian china 18"

ive never even thought about replacing it for a modern cymbal, its just so awesome
Heresy! \M/
DrumBum1992
new
new

Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:52 am

ive got the 12 inch wuhan china nothing real special

PaulZILLA
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:06 am

i have an old Zildjian 18in crash/ride from b ack in the late 70's/early 80's thats pretty unique. very jazzy sounding ride and decent bell tones. but the crash is too long sustained. has alot of undertones, i use it for jazz/hip hop stuff. unique-yes, awesome-no. and a comment on somebodys post earlier,the alien disk was/is an awesome splash type cymbal. alot of drummers use them as bottom and sometimes tops of smaller hi-hat setups, example is Derek Roddy ( Hate Eternal, Nile(shorty) ). he used a 10in splash and a 10in alien disk(bottom) as extra hi hats.
Get KRUNK...Its A Death Metal Thing.
Danny Meazell
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:23 pm

The most awesome cymbal I own is a Tie. They are both my signature series. One is a Danny Meazell signature series Unpolished unleathed 20" Dark Ride, The other is a Danny Meazell Signature Series 20" Med Crash. I am not saying this because they are endorsement signature series cymbals, but because they are the very best I have ever owned. I have 7 Turk Masters when I get my new Hi Hats. I have owned Krut, All Zildjian Series, Pastie and Sabian cymbals, and these two Turk Masters are the best of the best!! That is the reason I endorse their cymbals.!!! :D
They are hand made and are second to none!
Danny Meazell
quikstang2
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:18 pm

As far as unique goes, I think my collection of 4 cracked crashes are pretty unique looking.

As for awesome, I've got a really friggin old Zildjian 20" Ping Ride. Man I love that thing.
8-piece Mapex Vx
5-piece Premier 1960s vintage

custom vintage Mapex 5-piece (for sale)
sharkscott
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:07 pm

As for awesome, I've got a really friggin old Zildjian 20" Ping Ride. Man I love that thing.

I gotta tell you man, a 20' Ping Ride is one of the most versitle and best sounding ride cymbals of all time. I play Paiste but used to play Zildjian and I had one..If you are ever crazy enough to sell it, let me know. ;-)
The only difference between Genius and Stupidity is, that Genius has its limits.
King J
new
new

Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:09 pm

A 13" Zildjian Constantinopel hi-hat from the 60's
Hail to da King, baby!!!
Yodrums
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:10 am

Meinl "Dragon" China Medium Ride 20"
Yamaha Stage Custom drums
Paiste Cymbals
changlab
new
new

Post Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:08 pm

I have a Mike Portnoy Audographed,TerrybozzioSignature series Radia bell......
I also stack several of my chinas.
Mainiacdrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:23 pm

sharkscott wrote:

I gotta tell you man, a 20' Ping Ride is one of the most versitle and best sounding ride cymbals of all time. I play Paiste but used to play Zildjian and I had one..If you are ever crazy enough to sell it, let me know. ;-)

i have the really old 24in ping ride its nifty