Too much gear(?)

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

drummerkev
new
new

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:12 am

How can I put this? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!
Actor and music and drum obsessed. I love all drummers, Rock, Metal, Jazz, R&B. I joined to learn more about drums.
Justino
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:36 am

well for starters the way I look at it if you don't use it or play it then it is too much. I was watchin a Terry Bozzio video a little while ago and I didn't see him use HALF the stuff he has. I think that is the point where it becomes TOO much. I don't think you can own too much but to me seeing some one try to play a kit that big is just retarted... Dave Weckl has always been my biggest influence and the thing I like about him and his kit is that he never forgets his job as a drummer and never lets his kit be soo big that is it distracting. Weckl uses every part of his kit and really shows him self to be a musician not just some quick cat who can blaze all over a monster kit.
I guess that was off topic, but to answer your question I don't think you can have too much stuff unless it gets in the way of your musicianship.
Justino
tamadrumr50
new
new

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:39 pm

Never enough? Hmmm My wife thinks different...I own 9 star classic 4 rockstar 2 swing star 2 ludwig 3 slingerland 2 rodgers 1 dw 2 pacific DRUM KITS!!! I play them all....U can never have enough!!!! EBAY AWAY
DrumHead15
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:35 pm

No. That's why they always make more...;-}
Pearl Masterworks Kit, BRX Kit, two MM Acrylic Kits, Roland V-Drums Kit, SPD-15, SPD-20, Octabans, Gong BD, Full Rototom Kit, 12+Snares, around 100 Paiste's & Various Cymbals: Zildjian, Sabian, drum racks: Pearl, DrumFrame VX1 www.myspace.com/drumhead15