Metal bands or rock bands?

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

ChrisNichols
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:24 pm

I go with rock, hard rock mostly like Led Zeppelin, The Who, Queen, etc. I've never been into metal much...the only real metal bands I like are NWOBHM/hair metal guys like Def Leppard, Guns and Roses, Mötley Crüe, that kind of stuff.
This could only be more awesome if it had tits and was on fire.
Touche
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:09 pm

i play mostly rock and hard rock but not so much metal, i try to play a variety of stuff
Speak the truth or make your peace some other way
DrummerZ
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:48 am

I play Metal too :D
I'M BACK!!!

Who cares. :D
wardrummer
new
new

Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:17 am

I am a drummer who loves the fuel and speed of metal drums but there is some stuff i just cant stand. such as the real death metal, constant blast beating all the way through, and the extreme powermetal bands who just have a four four standard beat with ridculous double bass, constantly through out the track. I personally just find it boring.

No, my kind of metal has much more rhythm and groove, and lead the guitars in the overall feel of the song. Atm im really into soilwork and sybreed, with their latest album featuring soilworks drummer anyway. theres just so much fast technical rhythm in there. but one of my favourites is deffinatly Dan Foord of Sikth! He's just unbelievable! (im hopefully going to be tought by him when i start drumtech in london in september! >_<)

I was in a melodic metal band with a female singer, but it ended because the vocalist (my gf at the time) and the lead guitarist were constantly competing for the spotlight. its a real shame cause we had some great songs with exactly my kind of drums in them.

I havnt found the right band since :( so im hoping to find like-minded musicians in london! cmon theres bound to be some!
Dude_on_Drums
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:36 am

I used to play metal, pure heavy metal, but now I play in a hardrockband.
Our biggest influences are : Whitesnake, Thin Lizzy, The Who, Led Zep, ...
It's good, knowin' he's out there...THE Dude.
Taking it easy for all us sinners...

Sonor SQ2 X-ray acryllic
Sonor hardware to match the kit
Sabian cymbals
DW Pedals
Vater 5B Natural
Rogers Dynasonic and Rogers Superten snaredrums
x-heart beat
new
new

Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:50 am

I'm into punk... but I swing it so it's more jazz ;)
DrumsPlus
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:30 am

I use to play Metal, but have since moved more into Rock and Jazz. I've even calmed down on my double basses. I love metal, but really find my taste are getting mellower as I get older. I have to play "cleaner" with the newer rock and country in comparison, so I think it can only make me a better drummer.
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:04 am

I play all the different sides to rock. Heavy, classic, progressive, and metal. I also play a little country.
Pacific Drums
Sabian Cymbals
ProMark Sticks
LP Percussion

How can you keep your head and not go insane when the only light at the end of the tunnel is another train.
The "D" man
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:50 am

i'm working on blast beats and dbl bass though, just to expand my capabilities.

P.O.Y.

\nn/