CHeck out the Vinnie!

Tama, Pearl, Yamaha, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

SkinBeater
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:15 pm

Well...I've always liked deeper snares and was givin permission by the old lady to get a new snare(sad huh?)... so i've had my eye on the Vinnie Paul Sig Snare.. went to guitar center and they had it on display..and tuned fairly well(which is rare)... i was sold..it sounds incredible and looks mean as shit.... used it this weekend at our gig and got a million compliments on it..both look and sound...

Jon

Check out my vids at
www.myspace.com/shogun_warrior32
"Hold the red star proudly..."

Check out more vids at... www.myspace.com/shogun_warrior32
SkinBeater
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:33 pm

SkinBeater wrote:Well...I've always liked deeper snares and was givin permission by the old lady to get a new snare(sad huh?)... so i've had my eye on the Vinnie Paul Sig Snare.. went to guitar center and they had it on display..and tuned fairly well(which is rare)... i was sold..it sounds incredible and looks mean as shit.... used it this weekend at our gig and got a million compliments on it..both look and sound...

Jon

Check out my vids at
www.myspace.com/shogun_warrior32

Here it is on my kit..
"Hold the red star proudly..."

Check out more vids at... www.myspace.com/shogun_warrior32
mattkinel
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:34 pm

Hey, as far as deep snares go, this is nice. But im turned off by its looks. Just my differnt taste.
-Matt Kinel

Vintage Ludwig Stainless Steel Bonham Set
Paiste Giant Beats and 2002 Cymbals
Vintage Ludwig Hercules and Atlas Hardware
Speed King Pedal, Supraphonic Snare
Remo Heads, Coated
ROCKET SHELLS SKETCH
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:08 pm

I just picked that drum up! it Rocks i love the ping on that drum,i have many many snares to expand my drum sound. on the next recording i do i going to post it up on my myspace page aswell all my snare drums
MAPEX DRUMS/Tama Drums/PEARL HARDWARE

EVANS/ATTACK DRUM HEADS

ALESIS,DDRUM,

ZILDJIAN/ISTANBUL CYMBALS

VATER PERCUSSION
OzThrasher
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:46 am

I love mine!!! looks and sounds mean as shit!! hehe :D
galgano16
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:20 am

i like how his singnature looks on the side
Ignorance is a clear indication of a severe lack of intelligence-me
METAL 4EVER!!!!
http://www.myspace.com/ngkillsu
http://www.myspace.com/zombiesforgore
http://www.myspace.com/deception102
goatatl
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:16 pm

Very cool looking drum, IMO; Is the snakeskin finish a wrap??
pearldrummer333
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:01 pm

My vinnie paul is my favorite piece on my set. It has a huge tuning range so yo can find the sound your really like out of it. the quality is flawless and everywhere i go people complement on the finish.
fullmetaldrummer87
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:14 pm

I dig the Vinnie Paul Sig Snare. I'm sure it's a powerhouse. I played on one at Guitar Center, but sadly, and obviously, it wasnt tuned, so it didn't sound that great. Snare head was loose and it had too much ring. But I'm sure with some tuning, it sounds amazing.
I like Vinnie's snare sound on the Pantera records, and live with Pantera. I wasn't too impressed with the drum sound on the Damageplan cd, but it was tolerable.
Vinnie's drum sound on the HellYeah album is horrendous. I'm sorry, but it just doesnt sound like Vinnie Paul. They sound flat, and the snare doesnt have enough bite. His kicks dont even have punch or attack anymore, they sound flat.
His Pantera sound was his trademark. Whenever you heard that powerhouse snare drum with that nice crack, and the clicky, punchy kicks, you knew it was nobody else but Vinnie. He should have stuck with it.
But, maybe that has to do with the producer. Pantera produced and recorded the cds themselves in their home studio, after Far Beyond Driven. I noticed a change in the drum sound after that album. I think they stopped working with Terry Date after Far Beyond Driven, because he produced Vulgar Display also, and the drum sound on those 2 albums were similar. So maybe he had alot to do with Vinnie's drum sound on those two albums, and Vinnie couldn't emulate that sound on his own after that.
Trendkill's drum sound still sounds good, Dime's guitar tone was just brutal on that album! Reinventing's production was alright, could have been better, sounded kind of flat.
phil-drummer
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:12 am

apparently it comes with a health and safety warning due to the rock n roll spikes, i bet you hav to really lay into it to " speak " n i reckon the snare off option is killer
Pearl Hardware. Zildjian Cymbals. Vic Firth 7A Sticks. Remo Pintripes/Weatherking Heads
Hack_and_Slash
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:25 am

I think this is the best snare sound vinnie ever had. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzh8j2qF ... ted&search
Medicman71
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:53 pm

I like the way it looks. Very cool. Not really into deep snares though.