ZHT vs. ZXT

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Rockaflodge
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:18 pm

ZHT are higher up then ZXT, BUT save and go get the Z custom, the sound is so much better, Take it from me I own 16in,18in,19, and 20in Z custom rock crashes and they are the shit! you will never buy another crash again.
I Play Hard! I play Loud! I play Pearl!
Ajax4
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:36 am

i agree that Z customs are cool, but on the other hand, you're not going to play a jazz gig with Z customs are you?
I have both A custom and Z custom cymbals, which has me pretty much covered for any eventuality:D
metalhxcdrummer
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:02 am

mapexdrummer wrote:i hate all three cuz [in my opinion] they ALL suck..i dont like the sound at all..but hey musicians with low budgets settle for anything right? :D thats y i have zxt's....damn....wat i wouldnt do for sum paiste's!

if your wanting paiste's man your going to get more crap then zxt's
i have had the zhts and they was cool tell i just to hear the other lines and i could not stand to look at them anymore. but i still have a 14' zxt total china and i like the sound of it.
TomorrowsTragedyDrums
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:52 am

my zxt titanium china is brutal sounding..other than that...zxts are completley horrible....in my personal opinion
Parrenze
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:20 am

alexforwood wrote:
Sabian Solars (anyone looking for an actual cymbal not saucepan lid should avoid these like the plague)

They are awful, especially the crash:| at least the rides kind of useable. But thats about it.
xcm
new
new

Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:06 am

I have both ZXT and ZHT on my kit, both 16" crash's. i like the sound of both and there diffrent from each other. they were with my kit when i bought them so im saving up to upgrade. the only thing i had to get rid of was the solar ride i had, got a good deal on a Peiste Alphaa ride and double bass pedal, both in inaculate condition - £75 for the 2!!!
on my hi hat ive taken this very old bottom hat i had which is about an inch think with a zbt rock top hat, i like the way it sound, which at the end of the day is all that matters.

any one go one advice on what i should be aiming to upgrade to??
thinkg of maybee AA's or AAX's ne ohter surgestions?
Pearl Export, Fusion 10", 12", 14", 16" and 24" bass
Pearl and mapex stands, pemier double bass
zildjian 14" ZBT Crash, ZXT Rock Crash 14" ZBT hi hats and 22" Paiste Alpha Ride 14" old hi hat top inverted on a stand
Iqa
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:46 am

Meh yeah I was excited to buy my first set of ZXTs but after some time I regretted it cos they didn't sound so good. : \
SabianLudwigZildjianDW
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:08 pm

i have a ZBT crash and a ZHT splash and i am very happy with both. i would get the ZHT because they are must more better quility than the ZXTs
Blakk_Waters_Drummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:07 pm

between ZHT and ZXT, ZHT is much better, well in my opinion. ZXT' break easy, I was so mad when my band and I started recording, I used a ZXT Crash, for a different sound, I hit it ounce, BAM! Big crack in it, was really upset.
When You're Left With Nothing, You Become Nothing.