ZHT vs. ZXT

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Alcyon
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:12 pm

I guess the point is kind of moot since if I upgraded I'd probably go to Z Customs, but ZHTs are a higher level than ZXTs, right? Is the quality any better? Is it worth changing?
Scott_Hurford
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:58 am

Alcyon wrote:I guess the point is kind of moot since if I upgraded I'd probably go to Z Customs, but ZHTs are a higher level than ZXTs, right? Is the quality any better? Is it worth changing?

Z customs are made of Cast bronze and are very loud and durable, and ZXT's and ZHT's are both made out of Sheet bronze, i'd say ZHT's are better quality since they are Zildjains newest modal, but i personally dont like the ZXT series so i cant exactly say fairly weather u should change or not, w8 untill your currents ones break i say :D
Tama/Zildjian/Remo/Vater
www.myspace.com/scotthurford
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:37 pm

zxts were crap. zhts are different crap. zbts sound better than either of the other 2 lines, imo.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
Scott_Hurford
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:03 pm

yeah i've been quite pleased with the ZBT series, they are cheap and are very good for the price, well worth getting, if your on a low budget.
Tama/Zildjian/Remo/Vater
www.myspace.com/scotthurford
joe_cader
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:17 pm

At times I like my cheapo ZBT's over my Sabian AA's.
The first one to the end of the song does NOT get a prize! - Paul D. Haley
mapexdrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:31 pm

i hate all three cuz [in my opinion] they ALL suck..i dont like the sound at all..but hey musicians with low budgets settle for anything right? :D thats y i have zxt's....damn....wat i wouldnt do for sum paiste's!
lets drum fast and sexy :]
GretschGuy
new
new

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:32 pm

Yeah id have to agree with mapexdrummer, they all suck, anything that is sheet bronze is horrible no matter if they are zildjian or not. i returned my zxts when i got them, best thing ive ever done for my drumset. i bought all Avedis series Zildjians after that. only for 200 more dollars i made my cymbals last me years more and got a hell of alot better sound quality
drummer_matt01
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:01 pm

anavrinIV wrote:zxts were crap. zhts are different crap. zbts sound better than either of the other 2 lines, imo.

zbt's are shit, i got my zxt's at the same time as my mate who got zbt's, his cymbals look like they have been chewed on and spat out by a bear, there zildjian's second shitest cymbals after planet z's
joe_cader
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:12 pm

I've had my ZBT's for over 2 yrs and haven't even keyholed any of them: No cracking, breaking nothing! They still sound good, too. I don't know what your 'mate' has been doing with his, maybe he should tone it down on the force he plays with. One can dismember just about any cymbal with too much force and bad technique.
The first one to the end of the song does NOT get a prize! - Paul D. Haley
FastEddie
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:17 pm

well for the price range and starter cymbals they aren't bad personally like the zxt. i started with zxt rocks. i still think they make the best splashes i upgraded to a customs on about everything but the splashes. i know alot of drummers who will not change their zxt splashes since they had them.
wishing to be signed
Chad Scott
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:27 pm

they both suck ass if you want any form of a good sound-they sound sooo frig'n bad in the studio or even just recording on a shitty 4 track...I did start playing drums with the zbt's-----do not--"""""I say DO NOT"""""buy a shitty set of cymbals ----- because they will last too long, you'll hold on to them way too long after, and you'll get used to sounding shitty---do you really want to prefer a shitty cymbal from a good one? That happened to me--I played crappy cymbals for the first 6 years I played....I played those shitty things way, way, way too long--I even prefered them after awhile!! OHHH YA--I was so stupid---please don't make my mistake!! Nice cymbals sound great--shitty cymbals sound shitty(end of story!) The only time I would ever say -Buy cheep is if you won't have any money for 5 years...then buy! GOOD LUCK IN SAVING UP FOR A BETTER QUALITY CYMBAL!!!!!! Two good cymbals will make you sound better than 15 shitty ones!!!
Last edited by Chad Scott on Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just another drummer who wants to become better,learn more and play more than most..
if you can help please do!!
quikstang2
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:39 pm

So it looks like they all sound like crap...which I already assumed... but does one sound better than the other? I might get some cheap cymbals to play on my bassist's set that I don't have to worry about if I leave them at his place from time-to time. Don't worry, I won't think they'll sound good next to my K Custom Darks.

I used to have an 18" ZBT rock crash (I think...) and it wasn't too bad (considering they all sound the same when you're beating the snot out of them), but I would reccomend saving money and getting a cast bronze cymbal instead...or at least buy a used one in good condition.
8-piece Mapex Vx
5-piece Premier 1960s vintage

custom vintage Mapex 5-piece (for sale)
GretschGuy
new
new

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:23 pm

Cymbals is spelled with an A not an O 8)
AlcalaProject
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:46 pm

For beginning drummers I guess they are adequate but if I were to choose I have to say the ZXT's......I guess the only ones I would buy would be the small splashes.......I have two that were given to me and they are O.K. not great but for small splash accents they are o.k. I have played the larger crashes and they by no means pro quality but if your just starting out with very little cash then they will get ya by but any drummer with the intent of playing live or recording, save your money and atleast buy Avedis cymbals.....I still swear by Avedis cymbals because no matter what size or type u buy your gonna be very, very happy with them and like they claim..............Avedis is the most recorded cymbals in music history.........

John

p.s. oh and save your money and don't buy Neil Pearts Paragons.............They suck just as much as ZBT's........Anybody wanna trade some Paragons for some Avedis cymbals........?
alexforwood
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:54 pm

anavrinIV wrote:zxts were crap. zhts are different crap. zbts sound better than either of the other 2 lines, imo.

Yeh. I have played ZBTs and ZXTs and ZBTs are almost on a par with Sabian Solars (anyone looking for an actual cymbal not saucepan lid should avoid these like the plague). ZXTs while not exactly professional are rounded enough to be recorded acceptably and not sound like a four year old having such a great time with his mamas cooking set.