[Nosnarb] Pearl, Rogers, Yamaha Stage Custom, Vintage Ludwig

You have a Kit that You're proud of it? We want to see it!

Moderator: Moderators

nosnarb
new
new

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:07 am

Very first kit I have owned. Old Pearl 6 pc kit with the fiberglass shells and chrome wrap. I dont remember the specific shell sizes but it was a 22" bass, 12" and 13" rack toms and 14" and 16" floor toms. very boomy sound. the kit is atleast 15 years old in this picture.

I bought a mix matched rogers kit from a pawnshop a few years back, stripped the wrap off of the shells, filled any un necessary holes, re cut the bearing edges and finished it off with a black pearl (looks matte but has some sparkle to it under the lights) painted finish and maple hoops on the bass drum. Great sounding lil kit. The bass was 20x14, rack toms were 12x12 and 14x14.

I sold both of these kits on ebay in the last few months :( just not enough room in the house for these plus....

My new (to me) Yamaha Stage Custom kit in Raven Black :)

I will have to post some more pics of this kit once I get it where I want it

22x17 bass drum
rack toms:
12x10
14x12
16x14
14x6 snare
Gibralter curved rack with DW 5000 double bass pedal and hi hat

2 -18" Zildjian Thin Crash cymbals
22" Zildjian Amir ride
14" Zildjian Hi Hats (so old I couldnt even tell you what model)
18" Paiste Novo China
I also picked up an old beat up ludwig kit the other day for free :) I dont have any pics of it yet but im going to do sort of a restomod type thing to it like I did with the old Rogers kit above... Im planning a silver sparkle wrap finish, black lugs, black hoops on the bass drum, black claws for the tuning rods on the bass and everything else chrome. I will have to do some repair to the shells and clean up the bearing edges as well. the sizes are a 22x14 bass drum, 12x8 and 13x9 rack toms and a 16x16 floor tom. I will post some pics when I am finished :)

Thanks!
Last edited by nosnarb on Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
loop
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:21 am

Wow, your yammy looks pretty cool. Please post cymbal specs(that novo china is sweet :) )
dim my eyes if they should compromise
nosnarb
new
new

Post Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:59 pm

Another pic