DW 5000 Pedals?

Axis, DW, Pearl, Tama...

Moderator: Moderators

X Day-mow X
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:08 am

i have a 5000 accelerator. sweet pedals. smooth and very balanced. i think there great.
i believe the difference between the acc and the turbo is the acc is is alittle more even in power and speed. were as i think the turbo is more speed. could be wrong tho.
X Day-mow X
writheindecay
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:55 pm

i just sold my iron cobra double and got the dw5002 i ouldnt be more happy. ive owned a pearl eliminator, iron cobra, axis a2's and the dw 5000 is the pedal for me.
iatemygoat
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:49 am

when i first got this pedal i loved it. now, not so much. i dont know if i just havent taken care of it correctly but lately its been sluggish, and feeling very strange. my rolls are a lot harder to play and have been thinking of buying some Longboards with my tax return haha.

also DW needs to rethink the linkage system. Copper is a soft metal, so why did they make the joints out of them? ive gone through one linkage already and the other one is about half as bad as the other one now.

ive also replaced a loose heel joint. i stripped about 4 of the nuts too trying to get the fucker off and had a blister in the palm of my hand from the screwdriver.

so for me its been nothing but a hassle. Hopefully Axis can provide better for me.
Howepirate

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:40 am

Will wrote:Surely not?

They're what made DW!

Would be such a shame if they did, like if Zildjian discontinued Avedis Series!

Thats prolly what the 8000 series if for
Pinage
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:11 pm

When I went to purchase a new pedal just under a year ago, I knew it would have to be a long thought out decision. I spent 2 days going into Just Drums testing out pedal after pedal after model after model.

I was about to purchase the Yamaha direct drive system, when I was recommended to try the latest DW 5000 Accelerator pedal. It was smooth, Adjustable, and strong. I was in love instantly, and haven't looked back.

I know a lot of great drummers, and their first comment after playing my kit is "I love that pedal."

Sp
screamkevin

Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:19 pm

I gave up on the DW5000 because I kept snapping the footboards. I switched to the Iron Cobra, cause it's built like a tank. But the DW is a fine pedal, a great piece of engineering.
Me, My Story, and Pics Of My Drums:
http://www.saludacymbals.com/c/ksiegel.html
Endorsing Saluda Cymbals since 2006!
Howie is my homie. Word.