Custom Snare I Built!

Tama, Pearl, Yamaha, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

mortem
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:05 pm

drummert2k wrote:One of my custom drums i built. I thought it was cool. and bonus...... It glows in the dark just like a real Ouija Board

ssssssahweet jeezahs!! That's quite original, man.. kudos!!

and yeah, this thread needs more snare in the dark!
"Master your instrument, master the music... then forget all that shit and just play."
-Charlie Parker

www.myspace.com/elfungo
www.last.fm/user/m0rtem
http://www.youtube.com/m0rtem
Piddywiffle
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:34 am

One of those things told me I was gonna die young =(

But still that is a solid looken snare. You need to post up on how it sounds. And info of where you got the shell and so on and so forth.... This makes me wanna make a snare.
Falling down the stairs at the age of five was my first drum solo.

"They arn't dirty pants dude... That film is a protective barrier from all other bacterium" Quote from my roommate approx 1 month ago.
Rockaflodge
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:08 pm

Very cool
I Play Hard! I play Loud! I play Pearl!
snarelda
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:04 pm

wow, quirky and multi-functional finish.
Very handy at gigs when theres not enogh stage lighting or even as a bed side lamp.
and yeah a pic in the dark would be great :)
Palryo
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:53 pm

.... uhm hmmm, you could market stuff like that. and i just figured out exactly what kind of print i want on the wrap :D. and if you use my idea and start making custom snares (sorry if you do already =/ ) i want a free one :twisted:
Lame cake is just as good as unlame cake
drummert2k

Post Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:14 pm

Palryo wrote:.... uhm hmmm, you could market stuff like that. and i just figured out exactly what kind of print i want on the wrap :D. and if you use my idea and start making custom snares (sorry if you do already =/ ) i want a free one :twisted:

haha, i've built quite a few snare for people that wanted them, but doing this was really easy. that stuff you use for counter tops is basically the same as a drum wrap only a little thicker and a tad hardwer to work with. you get a solid color and find a printing shop that can transfer a design onto it and you have yourself a totally customized drum wrap. it might be a little more than buying a standard wrap from a company, but a lot cheaper than ordering a customized snare with your personal design.

and just to throw that out there, also an easy was to make your own "personal" snare drum. someone see's your snare at a show and it has your name or your bands logo, they thing your big time.
susswald
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:22 am

Thats slick, what a neat idea for a wrap.
Palryo
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:56 am

Palryo wrote:
.... uhm hmmm, you could market stuff like that. and i just figured out exactly what kind of print i want on the wrap . and if you use my idea and start making custom snares (sorry if you do already =/ ) i want a free one

haha, i've built quite a few snare for people that wanted them, but doing this was really easy. that stuff you use for counter tops is basically the same as a drum wrap only a little thicker and a tad hardwer to work with. you get a solid color and find a printing shop that can transfer a design onto it and you have yourself a totally customized drum wrap. it might be a little more than buying a standard wrap from a company, but a lot cheaper than ordering a customized snare with your personal design.

and just to throw that out there, also an easy was to make your own "personal" snare drum. someone see's your snare at a show and it has your name or your bands logo, they thing your big time[/quote]

that makes me wonder what floor tile would do. cause if you got some tile and painted it orange, it would look like your snare is made out of an orange lol
drummert2k

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:21 pm

if you can warp it around a drum i'd say go for it. i've already had a friend who wrapped a kit in those transparent stick on book cover things. look pretty funny.
Palryo
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:41 pm

heres a thought

orange snair
green apple rack toms
green grape floor tom(s)
and a tomato kick drum

any takers? haha
drummert2k

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:56 pm

Palryo wrote:heres a thought

orange snair
green apple rack toms
green grape floor tom(s)
and a tomato kick drum

any takers? haha

heck yes!!! and on the front kick head there can be a 6 inch gold port with a logo of sonic grabbing it. like the video game. that would be pretty sweet!
Palryo
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:33 pm

i wonder if any one would get that its like hes grabbing a ring like on the game lol. but i need money now, cause i want to do that
skitch
session drummer
session drummer

Post Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:34 pm

Shalaq wrote:Post some pics of the snare in the dark :)

The snare IS in the dark!
Palryo
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:10 pm

hey t2k, would you know of any printing companies like that around anniston, oxford, or possibly birmingham alabama?
drummert2k

Post Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:45 pm

Palryo wrote:hey t2k, would you know of any printing companies like that around anniston, oxford, or possibly birmingham alabama?

no, im not familiar at all with that area. a good place to start is the phone book or internet. if you find a printing place that just does like tshirts or something, even if they cant print on what you want they may be able to give you a name or contact of a place that can.